Chronic Prostatitis?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Prostatitis around 2 months ago after an examination in my back passage, I have had urine tests and blood tests and have all come back clear so I can only assume that it is the non bacterial form that I have, I have been on antibiotics for around 7 weeks which seem to have no effect, My symptoms have varied over the time I have had this, to begin with it was palvic pain, worsened by sitting (especially driving), discomfort in penis and frequent urination, my symptoms eased off after 2 weeks and for a few days I felt back to normal, then after a long drive the symptoms were all back and worse than ever, I was struggling to walk from the overwhelming feeling of pressure in my pelvis along with the pain and discomfort on urination, doctor prescribed me Tramadol and signed me off work for 2weeks and told me to rest, I now find my symptoms are less severe however they seem to be gone when I wake up each morning then worsen through the day, I find a Hot water bottle under my crotch is the only thing that seems to help, I know some people have had a form of Prostatitis for years however I'm hoping to knock this on the head sooner rather than later, I now have a Prostatitis cushion, without it I literally cannot sit, I certainly could not drive without it, If anyone can offer any advice I would be very grateful. I cannot take Anti inflamatories due to a stomach problem. Thanks in advance. Alistair

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Since you are having these type of problem,my recommendation is to take expert care about this.Do you have tried any natural product based prostate reliever like prosvent?Give it a try.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

• Posted

This is a bit difficult, you don't say how old you are or why you were given antibiotics for something "non bacterial" and 7 weeks is a long time to take them. ask your doctore for more information, write your questions down if you need to and book a longer appointment. Did your diagnosis come from a urolgist, if you are not getting any better you might like to ask to be referred (if in UK) or find one yourself (US and elsewhere). as you know form your examination the prostate is reachable through the rectum because it sits under the bladder, when you report pelvic pain is this the area you are talking about.

Non bacterial prostatitis can be difficult to treat, especially if you can't take anything to reduce the inflamation, what about coated tablets or other routes of administration, many can be used rectally and work very well this way. Hope this helps.

• Posted

I have similar symptoms, antibiotics don't seem to work apart from the anti-inflammatory component. Paracetamol reduces the discomfort but you cannot keep taking it for ever.

The following combination of supplements are recommended and seems to work (slowly):

Saw Palmetto 3 times per day

Pumpkin seed oil 3 times per day

Damiana 3 times per day

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi alistair,

Whats your age and since when you are suffering from.

Your symptoms are typically of non bacterial prostatitis type.

It is sad to know that even after so much research in the field of medicine there is no such treatment available for this disease but still we have to fight on our own.

1.Only treatment effective is prostate supplements.

2.Try prostate optimizer capsules or any other prostate supplements.

3.I advice you to try prostate massages from a good urologist if you can find any,this could drain all prostate and massaging it makes you feel better for years.

4.Meanwhile don't take any antibiotics they are of no use .

5.Don't think too much and stay away from stress as stress could aggravate this situation.

God bless!Do report !

• Posted

Hi

I know your message was posted sometime ago and i very much hope your condition has been cured or at least very much improved.  

I am typing this while sitting on a hot water bottle might as well get that out in the open early doors.This morning my discomfort has got the better of me and needed to contact other people(victims) because I know it's safe to say I am not alone with the debilitating condition of Prostatitis. I am 51 and have had these symptoms for around 6mths now and after numerous visits to my Urologist still await a proper diagnosis and a effective treatment plan. Symptoms include pain in the abdomen, lower back, testicles, base and tip of the penis which I find the most difficult. If you have any treatments of ideas on how to improve these symptoms i would be more than greatful

• Posted

I have heard it said many times that this is very difficult to treat.  I have have already comments on what suppliments I have taken to ease the symptoms but they only east the symptoms. 

In despiration I started to use Aneros prostate massargers which seem to give me a lot of relief.  They take some time to master but I find them pleasent to use and seem to provide releif for 2 days then I use them again.

• Posted

Hi Chestinut,

Thanks for your reply and it's a great comfort that sufferers take the time out to help others. How long have you been battling this disease as your previous comments were about a year ago?. The Aneros prostate massargers can be bought off perscription?

• Posted

Hi everyone, I am really glad to have come across this forum. Ive been suffering from this debilitating disease for over two years now, since I was 15 years old. Only recently in the last 6 months have the doctors looked into doing anything about it once it reached a point where I was stopping going to school I was in so much pain. The first course of medication I was perscribed was an antibiotic called Ofloxacin, along with paracetamol both for one month. After coming to the end of that month, I found that in the first 2 weeks symptoms were either very weak or gone entirely and I felt normal again, however they soon came back and now they are although slightly less painful than before, it is still debilitating. I was wondering if anyone could recommend medications that they have taken that seem to have worked? or any techniques or therapies that you have perhaps come across? I take up to three very very hot baths a day to try and ease the pain, but it doesnt always work and if it does work the pain usually returns in a matter of minutes. My social life, family life, school life, bascially my entire life is adversely affected by this condition and It really is sending me into a depression, I am constantly down due to the pain and the fact that It is stopping me from doing the things I want to do. I need help. I'd be really grateful for a response, thank you for reading smile

Kind Regards

Josh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.