Chronic Prostatitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I have been dealing with my NB prostatitis since June 2016. I was just really woundering waht are others expereince with this? I have pain or discomfort in the tip of my penis and sometimes pain or discomfort in groin and bladder pressure or pain. It comes and goes. I have been on alpa blockers, anti inflamtorys and regular pain meds. I have only had sex 2 times since May. I do not masterbate that often either anymore. I was just woundering what other men do to help with pain and their sex lives.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel your pain Tim. I don't have any answers for you, just well wishes and prayers. Just watch your diet, Avoid greasy foods, alcohol caffine. These things irratate the prostate.  Just curious, any blood in semen or urine?

• Posted

No. I have had no blood in semen or urine.

Did you? how else did you ease the discomfort.

• Posted

I had pain when in bed or sitting and was much better when standing and walking.
    • Posted

Walking does help me.  I work at a desk, so I am sure it has a lot do to with that also

• Posted

There is a donut shaped cushion sold as being more comfortable to sit on. Actually in the several times I had it it suddenly went almost overnight.

Since my last laser prostate treatment it has been gone since January of last year, I hope never to return. 

• Posted

If you mind me asking how old are you? Wha was the laser prostate treatment?
    • Posted

Uros would never say I had prostatitis, they said I have BPH. Maybe they're right I don't know. I had prostatitis symptoms though. Lots of blood in urine, pain in pernium area, pain in penis and around anus. painfull orgasms. They never did a culture of prostate fluid. I just began bleeding again yesterday . Hopefully it will be short lived. I called the uro to see if he would like to see me while I'm bleeding to try to pinpoint sourse of blood. He said no need to come in. He'll look things over when I go for next visit

• Posted

I had GL Laser in 2004 when I was 70 and Thulium/Holmium laser in 2013 after my prostate regrew to 135grms. Each was a quick recovery as I said to my dentists today I prefer prostate surgery to tooth extractions.
    • Posted

I like his sense of urgency. When I passed blood it was usually put down to a burst blood vessel.
    • Posted

Did the GL and Thulium/Holmium laser sugeries fix the bleeding problem?
    • Posted

My bleeding was not long term but just over a few days each time due to burst blood vessels.
    • Posted

Thank you! I have been trying to avoid most of them. Coffee though is my downfall. I really love coffee. I have cut back this cup a day. That hasn't really been affect me since I did that. I seem to have my good days and bad and I just push through themes today was a little bit of a rough day, but I did fail and had 3 glasses of ice tea last night with dinner.

• Posted

Sound like my situation. I can go months without bleeding. Then 

I pee a big clot and the blood starts. Sometime I pee blood then clear then blood again. I started bleeding this past Thursday, It was on and off. Seems to have cleared up today. I just wish I was sure its coming from prostate. Hate to have HOLEP surgery to fix it, then find out it was my bladder or kidneys. sad

Did your surgery fix the problem?

• Posted

My prostatitis stopped about a year after the last procedure when my bladder was emptying completely. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.