chronic prostatits Can't work at the moment .

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been suffering with chronic Prostatits for over 3 years and Now I am unable to work.

i have been living off my savings.

do you think I will be able to claim some sort of sickness benefit? Advice p[u]lease guys.I was hoping this would go away .

anyone else been in a similar position.?[/u]

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You should be able to claim if you are in the UK.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.

yes I am in the Uk.

i was wondering if they would allow me to claim as I've struggled for so long with it now and would love to be able to work but I get very very tired with it and the pain really brings me down,it's just a nightmare I wish it would end.Thanks again for your reply.

• Posted

Try Department of Works & Pensions, either locally or on the Web.
    • Posted

Have tried the Web, looks like you can make a claim on line. Would help your clam if you has a 'Doctors Note'.
    • Posted

Typo errors.

Would help your claim if you have a 'Doctors Note'.

• Posted

If you don't put in a claim you'll never know. As long as you are honest, a claim is worth making.
  • Posted

Hi Surfer,

You may find your clain knocked back its hard to make a clain these days. However if your clain is denied make an appeal as most of these are upheld. See citizens adv or a solicitor for help. many solicitors hold a free surgery once a week.

Good luck with your clain and your prostatitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.