Chronic PVCs becoming a nuisance. Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi folks,

I'm a UK based, 36 YOM who has been having daily palpitations that are confirmed PVCs for over a year. On a bad day I'm having one every few minutes.

Had 24hr monitors on 2 occasions that returned nothing of concern and put myself into A&E once with palpitations. Again no concerns found.

But now I am just so fed up, scared and frustrated that they are persisting that my last resort was to come here. I genuinely worry I'm going to drop dead!! As crazy as that may sound.

I have a history of depression & anxiety which I am medicated for. I avoid caffeine but use alcohol & vape nicotine, though it seems avoiding these doesn't change symptoms.

I'm looking for reassurance, advice or just someone who's gone or going through the same thing to talk to.

cheers!

Adam

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

hi adam, your case sounds similar to mine.... i'd say that 24hrs isn't long enough to wear a monitor, here i think most wear them for 2 weeks, sometimes just 3 days, but i haven't heard of anyone wearing for only 24 hours. i have worn them several times over the years because i also had afib, i've had 2 ablation's and so far afib is gone, but now i'm getting these ectopics. also don't drink alcohol (maybe a couple of ciders a month, and i don't smoke anymore. i did have success quiting that after a heart attack, and for a few years vaped instead. sorry to tell you that i think they were a trigger, so i eventually had to stop that too. caffine is a trigger, i mostly drink decaf now, but i'm afraid even that might be a trigger. i also have depression and anxiety, and am medicated for that, i'm sorry to tell you that stress/anxiety/depression all are triggers for me, as soon as i start with any of those, it triggers the beats.... it is a vicious circle, i get triggered easily by any one of my triggers to slip into the ectopics, so i meditate and practice slow deep breathing. that helps, but then as soon as my mind wonders down that cloudy path, it all starts up again.... most of the time when i have had ectopics or afibs, they last a while, and i can't really function, they knock me down, and even after they pass i'm still left with total exhaustion. i can't do statins as they really mess with me, also took amiodarone for a while and that messed with me even more, if you have depression it can make you suicidal ..... of all the triggers, lack of proper sleeps is the biggest one... knowing/finding your triggers is thee most helpful thing to do, knowledge is power...

i feel for you, and everyone else in our shoes, it's nice to have found this chat room recently myself, it reassures you that you aren't losing your mind at least, and it gives the deep realization that you are not alone...

hope some of this helps

doug

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.