Chronic Reflux and Esophagitis Ideaso

Posted , 4 users are following.

HXFi, I’m an 18 yearold female and I have been suffering with chronic unexplainable reflux and now esophagitis for the past four months. I have tried pretty much every medication on the market that was suggested to me and have been through a battery of tests, some of which were repeated multiple times but not much has come of it. I have made lifestyle and diet changes but none of that has helped either. what should I do next? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi im just curious, if you don't mind me asking what kind of tests did you have?

• Posted

endoscopy

ultrasound

ph test

xray

hormone level check

biopsies of my esophagus

stool sample tests

gallbladder function test

brain and spinal MRI

other miscelaneous blood work... etcetera

• Posted

Also, at first they thought I had a hiatal but they supposedly confirmed that wasn't the issue.

• Posted

Hello. I have had reflux for four years. I've been treated now. Have you ever tried Nortriptyline?

• Posted

Yes. Acid reflux that does not respond to treatment usually has a neurologic root. I tried many treatments like ppi and antidepressants like ssri. Finally, I only improved with nortriptyline.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.