Chronic rhinosinusitis & trigeminal neuralgia do you have these symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my doctor diagnosed me with chronic rhinosinusitis and trigeminal neuralgia 18 months ago and put me on 200mg carbamazepine and mometasone nasal spray.

I am still getting terrible pressure pain in my upper nose. It starts with popping a sensation which I always get about 4am I then wake up with a pounding headache which also feels like someone is squeezing my nose and eyeball. It only ever occurs on one side of my face never both at the same time. The pain gets worse as the day goes on, I cannot stand the light and I feel extreme fatigue. Sleep and very strong painkillers are the only thing that ease the pain. I get 2 days a week when I am not in pain but for 5 days I suffer and constantly take pain relief. I don't know anyone else who suffers from anything like I do and would be interested to see if I'm not the only one with these symptoms and pain.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.