Chronic rib cage pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For several months now I have been living with debilitating rib cage pain. It started with spasms in by upper chest wall which of course led to a battery of heart tests.. all was clear so then my doctor started me on 500mg of naproxen. Unfortunately after 2 weeks a developed a bad stomach ulcer so I had to stop. Since then I’ve got bad pain in the centre of my sternum and in my xiphoid process and now the last 2 weeks really bad flank pain. 

Also when ever I bend over I feel popping all the way up my spine.. 

Is there something I’m missing or something els I can do for pain? 

Please help 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It happened with me after I they prescribed me Naproxen. severe acidity and triggered my acid reflux too. Stopped it forever and added it as alergy .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.