Chronic shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

chronic shoulder pain since 2014. subacromial decompression done in February 2018 where surgeon didn't remove inflamed bursa. cortisone injection no longer work. unable to sleep at night. restricted movement with shoulder. seeing gp next week. any advice. i live in Australia. thanks you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My chronic shoulder pain was due to a frozen shoulder. Sometimes heat or ice would work. Also, a tens unit worked at times.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. unfortunately i have tried all of the above and nothing has helped.

• Posted

Sorry you are experiencing your pain. Can you see a good chiropractor? Maybe realigning bones/muscles/ligaments can help alleviate the pressure on your nerves. I wish you the best of health.

• Posted

Are they sure it's not coming from your neck? Sometimes an issue in the neck can cause pain in the shoulder, it's called referred pain. Hope you feel better!

• Posted

so sorry to hear about your shoulder I had FS in 2016 had it operated on December 2017 took 5-6 months but it worked unfortunately I have FS again in left shoulder 6 months now and the pain is relentless nothing works I can't sleep at night really really painful so now listed for another operation ..... in my experience the only thing that got rid of it was an operation it sounds like your operation didn't work it can happen sometimes but I feel that you may need another operation to sort it I wish you lots of luck and hope it gets sorted theres nothing worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.