Chronic sick face, interested in investigating it

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, this is a very interesting case, to whom I read, please believe in what I have been able to rescue from information regarding this condition / disease, I know that I am not a doctor but such a coincidence is unlikely. There is a child who suffered from sexual abuse at the age of 8, in the next few years the child lost weight, adopted a thin build, grew short, and had an emaciated face with very marked dark circles. According to the school program, all the vaccines for the prevention of hepatitis were performed as for all students normally (I give this information perhaps because it may affect). The child suffered an abandonment on the part of his parents when he was not interested in the symptoms he presented until the age of 18 that the child now a young adult comments with his parents, various analyzes were performed, all exams yielded normal results, the only thing that I know it is dark circles product of a chronic allergic conjunctivitis developed, but for the other symptoms of the emaciated face and the weight nothing was found. The funny thing is that recently a classmate from the same school announced that he was also a victim of abuse at an early age and has the same symptoms as the other young man, including allergic conjunctivitis. The first of them with 23 years and the second with 24 currently in addition to the symptoms described have a diffuse alopecia without having relatives with the same pattern of alopecia, it began at approximately 18 years. Nothing can be determined with the exams but I am sure that something is not right and I would like to know where I could find a doctor who is paid for his service so he can investigate and clarify what happens in the body of these boys, if well they are not dying, it is very painful to see them with that appearance. Thank you, I hope you know how to refer me to a research doctor in any country. Maybe both patients described were victims of the same person, the city where they lived is small, but is not yet confirmed by the patients. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Whatever happened to these children they seem to have suffered extreme emotional trauma which has had a lasting effect on their lives and general appearance. They probably need gentle but deep counselling with someone who is prepared to understand and who they can trust. Not all illnesses are what they seem and and need to be approached in a sympathetic manner with kindness. Post traumatic stress can cause a multitude of physical symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.