Chronic sinus infection!!! Help

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi! I've been sick for going on 4 months now. I've recently found out I need sinus surgery. I have gone through every syptoms and emotion possible. What my question is, is recently I've had panic attacks. Going on about two weeks now. Feel very irritable, angry and tired. Sometimes (and I'm guessing from the panic attacks) I will feel like I'm in a dream state and my eye sight seems extremely clear. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these syptoms with a chronic sinus infection! I'm hoping it goes away with surgery. Fingers crossed

Thanks Sara.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello I to have had these symptoms and have been told I have chronic sinus infection. I also suffer with anxiety which makes th efeeling worse and have been told all my bloods which I have had 3 test were all rised for inflammation so doctor had me worrying until todays doctor said thats oribably due to the sinus cavities inflammed. Have you been given any meds?xx
  • Posted

Been given antibiotics and steroids after almost 4-5 months of being sick. That makes my anxiety and panic worse and messes with my heart. I still haven't gotten an apt for sinus surgery. I feel like it will never end

• Posted

I too have been given so mant types of anti biotics am currently on what I think is my 5Th perscription & doctor today has given me nose spray and pills too take at night and I  have toog o back in 2months rolleyes have you had any bloods done? Are you on anything for your anxiety?

• Posted

How are you now? hope are okay.I am in the same position now.HELP.its scary.

• Posted

Hi sarah,

It depends what type of surger you are getting, I got the deviated septum surgery done on 15 august, dont worry about it its not to bad but i have to go back up for another check up as mucus is still very bad, Take a bit of exercise and dont worry.

• Posted

did anyone find out what is going on with them ? I am suffering from inflamation

• Posted

Have you seen a gastro doctor ? I have been doing research and found that low gaba levels can cause depersonization

• Posted

same here, i searched the topic and you were already here with exact same condition that i have been through.. i feel you

i am suffering from severe panic attacks and I am being anxious all the time and for a long time I didn't know what was the reason, I think what I'm having is an acute sinusitis but it is costing me Head and face pressure that will drive you crazy. Now that I have read your Story I am weirdly happy that I can share it to someone else that understand what's happening. I wish for your fast recovery and hope everything's gonna be all right after the surgery.

• Posted

same here, i searched the topic and you were already here with exact same condition that i have been through.. i feel you

i am suffering from severe panic attacks and I am being anxious all the time and for a long time I didn't know what was the reason, I think what I'm having is an acute sinusitis but it is costing me Head and face pressure that will drive you crazy. Now that I have read your Story I am weirdly happy that I can share it to someone else that understand what's happening. I wish for your fast recovery and hope everything's gonna be all right after the surgery.

• Posted

I haven't had an anxiety attack, but I have cried because I am so miserable! I am two months into this thing - what I thought was a sinus infection, but my ENT said it's not after a CT Scan. So I can see at 4 months out feeling like you do because the thought of living with this for the rest of my life is very depressing. Let's not give up hope. Please let me know how things go with you. I hope you feel back to normal asap!

• Edited

Sara! I have gone through this as well. When I have a lot of congestion, I will have a dream-state like attack that is like a dream that I have had before. It is odd and unsettling to say the least. I had this before my surgery last September and it went away for a while but I am getting it back again. My surgeon said that the surgery will take care of the physical issues that was causing the problems but she will need to address the "underlying" issue which she never did and doesn't seem to be able to address! I think allergies are the culprit along with dry weather conditions. You are not alone!

• Posted

I haven't trawled through the thread. This was an impulse post. Forgive me if I am preaching to the converted. Just woke up feeling good. My sinusitis has been terrible, even ended up in AE with a suspected stroke, headache and breathing was so bad. Sleeping mostly upright for last two years. Violently always there, worse still with certain foods (mostly wheat) Have tried everything. Finally bought a salt machine. Two weeks ago. Slept like a baby every night. I used to drink huge amounts of water pre bed to loosen mucus, then spend night swallowing gunge. No more. I stlll know I have a problem, in the morning my upper passages almost tingle as if they have been cleared out. I still feel a little thick headed for a few minutes. But the improvement is huge. I can breathe. It stops the mucus flow. I don't clog up and when I lay down, I dont fill up. Its like living by the sea and breathing pure air. I bought one for a friend with glue ear, and so far she can't detect any improvement, though she suspects it might work long term....so it's not a cureall. But given how cheap it was its been miraculous. I have no interest in any machines, don't get paid for this. Just so pleased it worked. Its been particularly good for me because a botched cauterization 5 yrs ago to stop nosebleeds, left me with a scarred nostril, ridged and pitted that is anything but smooth. That blocks if you look at it. So chronic sinusitis, for which I had been prescribed everything was a nightmare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.