Chronic sinusitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

for about two years I've had stuffy sinuses which results in a fuzzy feeling in my head and a mild pulsating feeling in the bridge of my nose and temples. i also suffer occasionally from ear pain which effects my eustachian tube but when the doctor looks is caused by congestion rather than an infection. i have only ever been told to use nasal spray- mometosone (i think that is the spelling!) i have only recently found this website and waned to reach out to see if anyone else just seems to have to live with this condition? i know there is worse things in the world and it's not taking over my life just wondered if anyone has any tips ans tricks for living with chronic sinusitis? thanks 😊

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi - I just posted to another string about my condition (I copied it below). Did you get a CT Scan? Did they confirm your sinuses are inflammed? Do you get allergy shots? Here's what I wrote in the other post:

I have had allergies for years and get allergy shots. All of a sudden – two months ago – I got what I thought was a sinus infection. The symptoms were this, which are not ordinary allergy symptoms for me because, again, I get shots:

•Feel like I sort of have cold

•Sometimes headache mostly in am/pm

•Most pain in center of forehead, above eyes

•Sinus pain on each side of nose

•Strange sensation on left cheek, right below my eye (sort of the apple of my cheek)

•Intense feeling that I might sneeze sometimes but don’t (although sometimes I do sneeze)

•Cough sometimes; sometimes compelled to cough after start talking

•Sometimes I talk and sound congested

•Sometimes I blow my nose and mostly clear but sometimes green stuff

•Acute pain sometimes on left side of face, near ear (this happened early on, as did the coughing that I could not control)

•Ears pop (feel sticky) when blow nose

•Eyes feel sticky

•Sometimes sharp/acute head pain (front side or back of head)

•No fever (have been checking from time to time).

My doctor put me on an antibiotic for 7 days, but that didn’t work. I then reached out to my allergy doctor, who put me on a different antibiotic and prednisone, but that, too, did not work. She then put me on a third antibiotic (clin-something or the other?) and prednisone again, but that didn’t work. I then went to an ENT who did a CT Scan and said I do not have a sinus infection. Ugh!!! But I still don’t feel well. He referred me to a neurologist as well, and I have an appointment next week. I really feel like this is a sinus infection that perhaps is under the radar. Maybe the meds made it so low level the CT Scan didn’t catch it, and now it’s getting worse again? Anyway, I would love to hear from others who’ve had something similar and then some success in determining what the problem is. I am concerned I’ll have to live like this the rest of my life. I am an avid exerciser and I haven’t done any for 2 months. Totally not like me. I also can’t enjoy the simple pleasures in life like a good cup of coffee or a glass of wine. I am struggling to get through work each day because of how terrible I feel. Something is not right! PS: I do not have Covid – ENT tested for that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.