Chronic sinusitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been feeling dizzy, had some headaches and also tremors in the back of the head. Docs initially thought Labrynthitis. I went for a CT scan and got the results this morning. All clear except they said:

incidentally there is chronic bilateral maxillary and sphenoid sinusitis.

My last cold/fly symptoms were experienced back in Dec/early Jan. I've had no bunged nose or cough etc since then. So I have a number of questions but the main one is, could it be that ive had this since January? If so, I'm reading it could become an infection in the brain....without being Mr Negative, could this explain the tremors in my head? How long would it take for untreated Sinusitis to get worse?

I've been given a dose of antibiotics and a nasal spray, even though I don't feel bunged up. I'm praying they work but am I clutching at straws that they will?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Update. I'm now getting regular upper jaw pain, which is odd given I had no such issues before being given the antibiotics and nasal spray.

My question is this: Chronic Sinusitis was identified on my CT scan. Nobody knew prior to the scan I had this. I've had a treatment for it. But given I was asymptomatic, how does anyone know if the sinusitis has been treated effectively?

• Posted

Use saline sinus rinse bottle to flush your nose twice a day for 2-3 weeks until you see the thick yellow-green mucus is out. Your chronic sinusitis is gone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.