Chronic Sinusitis and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) connection??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone with POTS also has chronic sinusitis? I've recently been diagnosed with both and I am hoping that sinus surgery will also alleviate the POTS symptoms. I have read that POTS can be triggered by an infection and so i'm hoping that the sinusitis is the triggering infection and that treating it will allow my body to heal from POTS (and histamine intolerance). 

I haven't read any stories of people who's POTS is alleviated with sinus surgery so I know its an optimistic assumption. Has anyone out there had any experience with these two issues?

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have POTS, Autonomic dysfunction, fibromyalgia, migraines, chronic pain, degenerative disc disease, and chronic sinusitis... i have had 1 sinus surgery with devieated septum repaired and within about 3 months i was having chronic sinus infections again went to a different ent 2 hours away and we ended up doing a balloon procedure to pop my sinuses open and it helped but ended up having to have another sinus surgery with devieated septum fixed again bc he said it didnt look like it was fixed with the first dr... i still have a few sinus issues from time to time and where they dont drain right they drain into my tonsils and keep them inflamed and possibably going to have to have them removed too.
    • Posted

Wow that sounds tough! I hope you get some relief from the infections. Does the POTS improve when you don't have a sinus infection?

I have had the same sinus infection since 2012 after a bad case of tonsillitis and the infection is stuck there and causes post nasal drip. I'm due to have sinus surgery to open sinuses, remove infection and straighten the septum. 

• Posted

I’m currently awaiting my POTS test results.

Whenever I go from laying/sitting to standing/walking my heart rate shoots right up and won’t lower.

I’m on 80mg Of propranolol daily and it used to work for me but now it’s not working at all.

I went to my cardio about this and he started to do tests on me because POTS is what he suspected I have.

I don’t really have all that many symptoms for POTS, no lowering or higher blood pressure, not much sweating or dizzy/faint feelsings.

Just rapid heart rate.

But I’m starting to develop strange symptoms that may or may not relate to POTS.

My POtS HR has developed quickly within a week, but I’ve had other symptoms for agars without he high HR.

My cardio reakons this could have been POTS the whole time.

I get wicked Colouring of my feet from sitting, I get palpitations all the time, I get colds/flu all the time and I had sinus all the time.

In the last week I have developed the high HR but I have too had a huge increase in facial pressure and pain in my sinus areas.

I don’t know how they are related but I think this definitely comes from POtS.

Every time I bend forward it feels like my head will explode from the pain on my eyebrows and cheek bones.

They are sore to the touch and ache all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.