Chronic Sinusitis - Balloon Sinuplasty Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been having pressure equalization problems when scuba diving. Its been occurring for over 4 months now, so I decided to go to the ENT.

Did a CT scan and doctor told me it was chronic Sinusitis. He had me take antibiotics and a nasal spray for three weeks to see what happened. I did that and still noticed some issues with the pressure. On the follow up appointment no CT scans were done to see if things were improving. I was just told to schedule a balloon sinuplasty to help. So I did.

Just curious if this sounds normal, should I have asked for a different form of treatment? Or an updated CT scan of the sinuses? The procedure is scheduled for thursday of this week.

Also, a medication called gabapentin is being prescribed to me. Is this needed? Can I go without this or choose an alternative? Thank you all

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.