Chronic Sinusitis feel ill all the time

Posted , 16 users are following.

I believe I have Chronic Sinusitis. I seem to have a flare up about every six months or so depending on health and stress.

I'm just so tired of feeling ill and reading on this forum how many people suffer with their sinuses for whatever reason, how on earth do you continue with your daily lives feeling like this? Or am I just being a big baby?

I have dizziness, headaches, fatigue, nausea and that flu-ish feeling. but I don't have flu, nor a cold. Is that how you all feel?

In the past I've been treated with antibiotics and nasal sprays but I really dont want to go that route again as I've had way too many antibiotics this year for other health issues.

If my immune system is low due to surgery and general ill health in the past six months. would that trigger a flare-up of sinusitis?

Would vitamin C help? any suggestions for any other supplements?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Becky. For the last number of years I have had more sinus infection than hot dinners!! My old Doctor handed out antibiotics like sweets. Then I changed Doctors & I went with another infection, expecting antibiotics... no, I was told to get a salt rinse, use it three times a day when it was in full flight, then when cleared up, use it every couple of days, then once a week. She also told me to get a tablet for cold & flu (dont think I can put brands on here) I honestly havent looked back, well until I was feeling fine & didnt rinse!! As I type I am here with a dirty infection, this time & only for the second time in two years Im on antibiotics, because I also have a nasal drip its now given me a chest infection.

so, all I can say is drink plenty of water, do the rinse and look for a cold & flu tablet and rest (if possible)

My heart goes out to you as its totally draining & when ears go & you feel dizzy it scary, but you will get there, if i did anyone will.

feel better soon

Jean

• Posted

Hi i also get chest congestion from post nasal drip ..nothing works i feel like i can not breathe and i cough thick white mucus that makes me wheeze I went to a pulmonologist and they cleared me ..Then i got a ct scan which showed chronic pansinusitis..i have no other symptoms

• Posted

Vitamin C

Zinc

cat's claw

fever few herbal tea mix

chaga/ cordycepts muchroom supplements

oregano oil

olive leaf oil

Vitamin B

Vitamin D

these are all supplements that really helped me!

Many are anti fungal, antibacterial and anti viral.

My sinus issues were like what you described- it's just that your immune system probably is overwhelmed by multiple pathogens....this is what happens with chronic illnesses and it's hard for any of these specifics to show up on tests because they are in low concentrations individually, but cumulatively, cause your immune system to be perpetually overwhelmed. The stress was awful and contributes to the cycle.

Coherent breathing exercises helped. Look up the cd respire or find it on spotify. listen to a breathing exercise called 2 bells. this will calm your autonomic nervous system and help boost your immune system and promote deeper sleep- this really helps to eliminate depression, anxiety an stress.. breathe out of your mouth if your sinuses are too blocked. This may take months to have effects show, but it's worth it! I do this in the am and is like a nice meditation.

diet can really help- avoiding processed sugar, processed foods, dairy, eggs and gluten

eat as many fruits and vegetables, herbal teas as you want! Sometimes when your liver has been overburdened for many years, it can negatively affect your immune system.

• Posted

Thank you very much. That's quite a list! I think I read somewhere that Omega 3 could help too?

I had my gallbladder removed this year so have been on a restrictive diet for many months - gluten and dairy free and low fat. I just need to eliminate sugar now.

Bad anxiety for a long time and a huge weight loss haven't helped. I'm sure my immune system is feeling low.

Thanks again for your advice.

• Posted

ah, so Anxiety can often be from viral waste matter- they can create neurotoxins etc. It's usually all interrelated and hopefully will all go away with your sinus problem! If you have chills and aches, sign of virus. Both vitamin b and magnesium can help anxiety- helps your nervous system!

• Posted

ah, not to overwhelm you, but NAC supplement was also amazing help with sinus issues!

• Posted

Your absolutely not a baby or im one too, i feel just like you and im so tired of feeling ill all the time. I only finished my antibiotics two week ago and today im back feeling the same. its taking over my life. sorry i have no advice to give but just tosay your not alone and if the doctors would take this more seriously then we may all get some peace x

• Posted

anxiousface im still having sinus issues too dry stuffiness and pressure off and on and popping ears its been on going since Oct. the pressure is better but it all still remains causing my anxiety to be in high gear constantly. is there a sinus thing that everyone is dealing with thats on going or is it just for some?

• Edited

I'm flushing my sinuses every day with boiled water, salt and bicarb. I'm also taking Omega 3- 1000mg capsules because I read they may help. Ive eliminated dairy products completely. I walk early morning on the beach and do lots of deep breathing. It could be a coincidence but I'm feeling alot better and I've avoided the dreaded antibiotics.

• Edited

Hi , you certainly are not being a baby , ive had sinus problems for 5 years , i've had an infection since october on and off and still have it now , my ears are full , my neck aches , my nose pressure and behind my nose and eyes are so painful , my lower jaw aches , plus i feel generally run down all the time , i think my immune system has got so low i feel dizzy all the time , i am on antibiotics again and a nasal steroid spray but day 6 of antibiotics and no better , nasal spray a month and doesn't feel any different .... my quality of life feels awful

at the moment as every day i wake up i feel ill , the strange thing is im not usually congested , just feels very very swollen ... how are you feeling now ?

• Edited

I feel exactly as you've described. Going on 2 months now with a course of antibiotics which didn't help at all.

With all that's going on in the world right now I can't get to an ENT or even a dentist since I'm thinking it may be dental issues related.

I wanted to ask if you have any kind of pain in your ears, or buzzing in your ears, or pain behind your eyes and some blurriness?

My ears also feel very clogged as well as the pain and tinnitus.

• Edited

hi , its so debilitating isn't it , its hard trying to describe it to somebody that doesn't understand either . I think nine started with having a tooth problem way back ...it is really hard at the moment with everything else going on ... i get really worried sometimes because i get so light headed and dizzy ...yes i get pain in both ears , i feel like i'm on a plane then they feel like they're filling up ,and yes very painful behind one on specifically ... its so draining . I cannot believe how many 1000's of people are now suffering with sinus problems and how ill it makes them feel ... ive had 2 children , kidney stones , gallbladder removal but this just seems never ending & what is so frightening is that you sit there thinking all sorts of awful things because you're feeling so ill .... please keep in contact and let me know how you're doing

• Posted

I have allergies year round and live in the south near the coast. Had sinus surgery in 1990 and have tried years of allergy shots, steroid sprays,and antihistamines.No relief. An excellent ENT referred me to a neurologist for the pressure headaches and said they are ususally a kind of migraine - especially in my case where the sinus surgery I had way back then made my sinus cavities still structurally sound. I haven't gone for an appointment with the corona situation but will go ASAP. I will let you know results when I go but am open to suggestions. I exercise 2 hours every day but am wiped out for rest of day. Meclizine is good for me on dizzy days. I take 1/2 chewable tablet a couple of times a day if needed. They help get me through activities and events .

• Posted

I have had these symptoms for the better part of 30 years. Fatigue, brain fog, irritability, sinus pressure and head ache. I probably have these symptoms 6 months of the year. Saline rinse is the only thing that makes a difference and not always much of a difference. It leads to depression and anxiety as well. It's hard to believe those useless little holes in you head could do all this.

• Posted

Sometimes it's all about your eating habits do some research on Gluten and non GMOs. These things can cause these symptoms as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.