Chronic squeezing feeling on my heart. Could I be having a heart attack soon?

Posted , 4 users are following.

greetings

I'm a 17 year old male student who has a lot of pressure and anxiety from school. starting from yesterday, I've been feeling a squeezing feeling on my heart that hasn't gone away. if I lie down on my left side, it gets worse. it doesn't really hurt. just feels heavy

i visited a doctor and he told me it was just stress and prescribed some anti-anxiety pills but the feeling is still there after a day

Could I be having serious heart issues? Is there a chance of heart attack?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It may well be stress as at your age you are dealing with a lot and it will take more than a day for the tablets to take effect, with a heart attack you get a heaviness in your chest and it can spread up to your neck and arm. Try to take 15 minutes out and do some relaxation meditation, get some relaxing music put your earphones in and concentrate on your breathing blocking everything out except your breathing, see if that helps, if your discomfort continues go back to your doctor.

• Posted

No, You don't have heart issues. You have anxiety issue and if you are not feeling well to take anti-anxiety pills than again consult with doctor. Doctor will give you best resolution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.