Chronic Stomach Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been experiencing pain in my stomach for about 12 - 15 months, at the start it would be mild discomfort which would then go excruciating pain for 1-2 days after a weekend drinking session.

Over the course of the 12-15 month the pain has increased where currently its becoming very painful just on a normal day and still excruciating if I drink alcohol at the weekend (which i rarely do now).

So far I have had a Gastroscopy (down throat) and found nothing, a full stomach CT scan again nothing found, various blood tests including stomach liver, colon cancer tests which are all within normal range yet the pain continues to get worse. Im not sure what the next test/scan to take would be,

Unfortuantly I live in a country where English is not even a second language,

I started off taking Rantadine which worked for a few months  but then became ineffective then i changed to Miracid (omeprazole)2x20mg a day on doctor request which again worked for a while now after 6 months of taking them dont seem to have any effect. Iv also recently took a course of amoxycillin for 2 weeks alongside Miracid which completely stopped the pain for 12 days but then came back towards the end of the course

Its all getting frustrating now especially when you go to the doctors have these tests/scans and they say "everything normal" when you know its not and even worse when i have to pay for everything privatley.

Im 42 yr about 10 kg over weight so that could be a partial reason.

Has anybody had a similar pains and can offer any general advice pharmacutical tablets, or alternative options.

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi NotPainFree

Have you been tested for HPylori..it is a somach bacteria that causes pain, acid reflux and affects your bowel movements i.e. diahorrea. This test is carried out via stool test, breath test, endoscopy or blood test. The blood test is not always reliable.  Arrange to have a HP test. It can be treated with different types of antibiotic over a period of time....best wishes....

• Posted

IBS can also cause stomach pain. If you are having bowel habit change and relief of pain after a bowel movement, it may be irritable bowel.  It is diagnosed when everything else comes back negative.  Symptoms can come and go ot be constant.

Definitely ask about h pylori and gastritis as well.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. the annoying this is that i have already had a HPylori blook test which came back negative.

I think i have all the signs of an ulcer as teh pain seems to get slightl better after food then increases again gradually until next eating time.

Problem is that so far ct scan, endoscpy, HP scan all come back negative1

• Posted

Have u had a colonoscopy? If you haven't, then you can ask your doctor if you can have it done as it will diagnose all the problems of the colon (large intestine).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.