Chronic testicular pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Actually im having testicular pain since 8 months which is usually gone when i take cipro i took 28 days that time pain is gone but now its came back again?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sukhdeep,

If the pain came back either the Cipro wasn't the correct antibiotic - or maybe the pain isn't caused by bacterial infection at all?

If you read these forums you will see that testicular pain can be something called Chronic Pelvic pain Syndrome which is often caused by stress.  Women seem to show stress as a headache while for men it's in the pelvis!  There are many exercises you can start doing to relieve this pain.  On another thread in this discussion two of the guys give details of what exercises they do.

If you have had 28 days of Cipro please be careful not to take any more, or any other fluoroquinolone (Moxifloxacin/Avelox, Ofloxacin or Levaquin - the all have different names so check with the doctor or pharmacist if they're fluoroquinolones.  They can affect some people very badly and the more you take, the more you are in danger of being affected.  Some people can't walk or are in great pain for a long time - look at the FQ antibiotic discussions here on this website to see what I mean.

Please don't take Ibuprofen or any other NSAID or any steroids either as these can make the side effects start or become worse. 

Try the exercises and I hope you feel some improvement soon.

• Posted

Actually im worried about chronic bacterial prostatitis ... I think i have this but i dont have urinary problems
    • Posted

I worried bcz i have heaviness behind the testicle tooo....plz help me im only 22 year
    • Posted

Don't take stress bro otherwise it will make it worse.

Consultant a good urologist.

You will be fine.

• Posted

He did ultrasound of abdomen everything was fine ...he found urine culture positive for e coli and gave me cipro when i was taking cipro everything was fine i took it for 28 days but when i finished it symptoms came back
    • Posted

Do another urine culture test to see if the e.coli has been removed from your system or not. You shouldn't not have used antibiotics for 2 weeks for an accurate test

• Posted

Of course you should be in close contact with your doctors but it is wise to write letters to whome it may concern to get things in perspective and as an exact record as I have done,
  • Posted

You need to find out if the E.coli is gone, hopefully the Cipro will have got rid of it.

If you still have the heaviness and other feelings in your groin it could be non bacterial prostatitis and I have already suggested that treatment in the form of exercise is often the most effective cure, as well as de-stressing.

I strongly suggest you don't take any more antibiotics, especially Cipro (or the other fluoroquinolones Moxifloxacin or Ofloxacin, which are basically the same). If a doctor says he thinks you still have an infection ask for him to be absolutely sure (thinking is not enough!).  If they insist you need more antibiotics say you need something different (not a fluoroquinolone) as these are clearly not working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.