Chronic testicular pain after 3 years

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, I am 27 years old, healthy young man with chronic testicular pain.

I started accusing this pain back in 2018, but it was random pain. I have been diagnosed a grade 2 varicocele (left side) at the beginning of 2019.

The pain and discomfort were always intermittent during the day, especially when standing for long period of time or walking for long distances. I had my first embolization with spiral coils on the left gonadal vein, this didnt work and make the symptoms worst, that happened in may 2019.

In February 2020 I decided to see a private urologist in London who was able to support me more than anyone else. He confirmed that the left varicocele was still present (Grade II) , he also accepted to perform the Laparoscopic varicocelectomy and removing the spiral coils too. This surgery was carried in March 2020, the coils were removed and the gonadal vein was removed too. He also discovered that these coils have created adhesions with the lower bowel so he had to perform adhesiolysis before removing the spiral coils. After surgery, I felt so much better and I forgot the sensation of having these coils in my body. I had a good month of recover, taking codeine for few days and then ibuprofen when required.

12 months after the laparoscopic surgery I am still experiencing pain on the left testicle and the left pelvis. Honestly, I am truly exhausted. Even if the pain is not comparable to what it used to be, it is still present, especially during physical activity. Walking long distance, cycling and lifting weight make the pain worst. i feel a sense of tenderness and heaviness in the area, even the gentle compression evocate pain.

I have been to my GP today and get referred again to the urology department at Freeman Hospital again, but he said I could wait for months due to this pandemic! Just to let you know guys, I am based in the UK, Newcastle Upon Tyne.

I am just wondering what is the best approach to sort this chronic pain. Do you recommend to undergo the spermatic cord denervation? Do you know if they perform this surgery in the UK through NHS?

Feel free to message me

Thanks for reading my story.

Big hug,

Marcello

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

12 months is a long time, if after 3 months pain has not ceased, then there is a problem there. I think its infection. This depends on if you feel pain when ejaculating or not. But i think its an infection of some sort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.