Chronic Thrush

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had recurring Thrush or 2 years and I mean twice a month! I have tried natural remedies and even meds prescribed by my gynaecologist. Im starting to think its  something underlying. Has anyone else had this similar experience. If so some advise or random remedies would really help!

Thanks! 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Same here my doctor just give me Daktarin 2% Cream 30g which they say is good. But the box don't say it's for thrush of the penis.

• Posted

Are you male or female? John had assumed you are male. I was about to advise you based on what I (female) did to get rid of persistent and recurrent thrush.
    • Posted

I'm female and experiencing this too - what can you reccomend? I just bought a ph balancing all natural daily wash so i was gonna try that along with cutting all sugar out - anythnig you'd recomend?

• Posted

It would be very very unusual for a man to have chronic thrush! I had recurrent thrush (once or twice a month) back in 2013. The usual 150mg oral dose of fluconazole didn’t get rid of it, nor did 50mg per day for one week, nor did 50mg per day for 2 weeks. The only thing that worked was 100mg per day for one week plus missing out all sugars and yeast from my food and drink for 2 weeks. I gradually reintroduced fruit and fruit juice, but I still do not eat anything with sugar or sweeteners added (feeds the yeast) and do not eat nor almond breads (I eat sourdough or soda bread). I also took natural suppliments that have anti yeast properties including pre and probiotics, caprylic acid, resveratrol, thyme, rosemary, garlic, oregano oil. What happened was the frequency of recurrence went down - first to every 4 months, then 6 and now I haven to had it for such a long time I don’t know when the last time was (previous year’s calendar). Do you keep a record of when it occurs? Mine seemed to happen after sex or just before my period (changes in hormone levels can cause thrush).

• Posted

Thank you! I’ve started to make these changes now as well! So hopefully it will change. I haven’t gotten a new script on my fluconazole. So I will see how I go! Thanks again! 
    • Posted

Honestly, humans do not need sugar, it only does bad and nothing good. Frankly, I’ve always been more of a savoury tooth so it wasn’t much effort to exclude sugar from my diet. By the way, in those first two weeks of excluding all sugars (even naturally occurring) and yeast plus taking the suppliments you may experience symptoms of yeast die off. This is when large numbers of yeast and fungal cells are rapidly killed and a die-off (or Herxheimer reaction) occurs and metabolic by-products (toxins)  are released into the body. The symptoms are often similar to having a cold, but vary from person to person, and can include:

Nausea

Headache, fatigue, dizziness

Swollen glands

Bloating, gas, constipation or diarrhea

Increased joint or muscle pain

Elevated heart rate

Chills, cold feeling in your extremities

Body itchiness, hives or rashes

Sweating

Fever

Skin breakouts

Recurring vaginal, prostate and sinus infections

The severity of the symptoms varies from person to person. If they are severe you should slow down your treatment and reduce your dosage of probiotics and antifungals. You can always increase them again once the die-off period has passed. Secondly, consider adding a liver-supportive supplement like milk thistle. The liver is your main pathway for eliminating toxins, and the Die-Off symptoms mean that it is being overwhelmed.

I experienced headaches and feeling generally yucky. But it wasn’t too bad. I took milk thistle and once I’d got through the die-off period I felt fine.

• Posted

Hi Suki, I've had very similar problems as you. When you say you cut out all sugars, how strict were you? All fruit, bread? All packaged sauces etc. ? Did you follow a certain diet? Did you take all those supplements at the same time?

Thanks

Sharon

• Posted

I avoided all sugars for 2 weeks then gradually reintroduced naturally occurring sugars in fruit. Thereafter I haven to eaten anything with added sugar for 5 years. We don’t need to eat sugar, all it does is harm. Just recently I have started occasionally eating things with very little added sugar because the no added sugar rule at all is hard to follow all the time. I have this cut off level - anything with above 10% added sugar I won’t eat. I still also avoid eat8ng bread made with yeast - I only eat sourdough bread. Yes, I took all the suppliments everyday as often as recommended on the label.  I split them between morning and evening, so some I take in the morning, some in the evening and some (that need to be taken twice a day) both times.
    • Posted

Thanks Suki. I eat fruit for breakfast every morning. Its very hard to avoid all sugars as they

are in so much things that we dont even think about. 

Thanks for your reply. Im using Gyno Daktarin for the last 8 days and it seems to be working..will wait and see..thanks again. 

• Posted

That is why I cook all my own meals and do not buy pre-made meals or sauces- they add unnecessary sugar and salt.
  • Posted

Thanks Suki. Yes I try to too but with work and 3 kids it's tough. Thanks

• Posted

Fugacil cream can alleviate the itching and discomfort, and prevent recurrent infection on your skin. I used to have repeated and persistent thrush and applying this twice a day for a week would work for me. To prevent candida inside your body, 100mg oral dose of fluconazole per day would help. Some tips below can also be beneficial for you.

- Avoid using deodorants and perfumed products in and around your intimate area (see below for more details)

- Avoid stress and maintain a healthy lifestyle, doing so will keep your immune system strong

- Avoid high-sugar foods

- If you are taking antibiotics, consult your doctor before taking thrush treatments

- Change your tampons or pads frequently

- Ensure you wipe from front to back after going to the toilet

- Change your underwear after swimming and working out

- Avoid very hot baths

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.