Chronic tiredness and pain on eating

Posted , 1 user is following.

My sister has, for a year, been suffering from pain in the chest area after eating along with chronic tiredness. Does anyone know of a condition that would cause these symptoms? We are at our wits end. Her heart is fine and she has had an endoscopy which shows a fundus divertiula. Her consultant says this is not the cause of her pain. The pain is now almost constant and the tiredness getting much worse. She is unable to stand for more than 10 minutes. This is a person that used to be so active and at 62 should not be confined to a chair for most of the day. She is so distressed by her condition. Can anyone shed any light on what is wrong?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I realise that you say her Heart is fine but I think that she should be referred to Cardiology anyway smile
  • Posted

Thank you for your message. She has had an ECG and they have ruled out problems with her heart.

We are convinced the problem lies in the area around the top of her stomach but are finding it difficult to get a diagnosis.

• Posted

Ruled out too. Not Gall bladder either, her scan was clear. She doesn't have any gastric reflux just varying pain. There is sometimes a tingling feeling too in the same area. Don't think hiatus hernia would cause such extreme tiredness. It's not just weary, it's utterly exhausted and feeling giddy. Thank you for your response.
  • Posted

When pain and symptoms seem disproportionate to the clinical findings it's time to consider Vascular Disease / Ischaemia, a CT Abdominal Angiogram would be harmless enough smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.