Chronic Tonsillitis/ GERD/ACID REFLUX

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had Chronic Tonsillitis for 10 months now and was scheduled for a Lingual Tonsillectomy.  I cancelled the surgery to due more research on GERD and Acid Reflux causing the Chronic inflamed tonsils. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have a realm of stomach issues including Gerd & Acid Reflux and it has been rearing it's head lately so any comments or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I too have flareup with lingual tonsils due to reflux. When my reflux font act up, the lingual feels fine. But if I have a bout with reflux, it gets raw feeling inside. My ENT said thts a ruff surgery at my age so I'm just going to deal with it. It is more troublesome on one side than the other..I don't seem to have it stay tho. So am thankful. Maybe by treating acid, it will help tht. I take 2 tsp. Organic apple cider in 1/2 c water every morning. Seems to mostly keep it at bay praise the Lord! But flareup occasionally still gets the raw feeling to hit..hope ya get better

• Posted

Thanks Terri,

? Everything you said sounds like mine but right now it's not going away.  I think I may try the Vinegar see if it works- can't get into doctor until 24th to get something for stomach. Apparently I've been having silent reflux at night since January and didn't realize it was what has been waking me up at night. Am to the point even a milkshake gives me acid so I guess I need to do something about it.  Soup, milkshakes, and pudding are getting old. I hope you can keep yours at bay. 

• Posted

See, I too was diagnosed with silent reflux. Had no clue except the constant clearing of my throat. Went to ENT because of the stranglation feeling in my throat like someone choking me. Thus the globus. This is when I was diagnosed with silent reflux. I started on a ppi. Hated all the possible issues of side effects. So I got off the ppi, hence the awful burning pain of acid reflux which also I believe, started the lingual tonsil issue..not sure. But after ppi, came the pains of acid reflux..made it much worse. But I stayed off and started the acv and thank the Lird, I feel much better with it. The lingual still flare up occasionally when the acid does, but at least it's no longer constant..Sure hope you somehow find some relief. That is a horrendous feeling.

• Posted

Hi Woods,

I'm going through same issues with chronic tonsillitis and silent reflux. My ent suggested me of tonsillectomy but I have read very bad reviews about tonsillectomy during acid reflux. Im in big confusion and problem. How you doing now? What course of treatment did you choose? Need suggestion please and also Hope you getting better now.

• Posted

I have had acid reflux about a year. It is under control until I have sore throat. I have sore for two months and it doesn't go away. Doctors give me antibiotics, it doesn't help at all. I am not sure it is caused by acid reflux, any idea? Hope u r getting better. 

Tenz

• Posted

I have sore throat for two months. It is caused by gerd? Any idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.