Chronic unbalance issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

I started feeling dizzy 2months ago the day after a panick attack. I went to see a neurologist and ENT the next who excluded bppv (which I had years before) and ordered other tests (eeg vng brain mri balance test) all came back negative except for the fact that my sinuses were inflammed. Parallel to that I did have head pressure and ear fullness probably related to the sinuses.

I was prescribed muscle relaxants for a few days and a round of steroids which helped a little but weeks later I started feeling weird when I walk (floating or heavy steps, a bit off and unsteady) again with heavy headedness. Coincidentally the head pressure came back (behind the nose, above the palate, in the jaw and in the ears and behind the head) and I also got a an eye infection (blepharitis). I am now on antibiotics which helped the eye but not really the rest and now am told to go back on muscle relaxants (to help with the sinus or the jaw in case it is tmj).

Has anyone experienced that?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

same with me. I have tried many kinds of allergy and sinus medicines but no cure. I am now on anti anxiety medicine. anyone with same problem pls suggest things that can ease specially the balance issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.