Chronic Undiagnosed Stomach Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have been having chronic abdominal pain for the past 4 years. I have seen a couple of gastroninterologists and have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, blood tests, and an abdominal ultrasound. They found that I have eosinophilic esophagitis and a small hietal hernia. However after treatment to eliminate the esophagitis, the pain I have still continues. The pain I experience occurs after eating.

Gets worse after large meals

Hurts worse if I move around (even walking) after ea ting

Pain is alleviated by sitting up straight or standing up straight and restricting movement

Pain is in the center (maybe a little lower but not much) and slightly to the left anatomically

Also after meals, I become excessively full or will feel sudden fullness

Important to note: Still get hungry in the normal times a regular person would be expected to

Digestion seems to skip settling and rather goes from Uncomfortable fullness and ache to ache and then for a brief (less than 30 minutes) of relief then immediately to hunger.

Also interesting to note that if I eat a meal especially smaller and maintain good posture with little movement, stomach is almost nonexistent and discomfort is minimal as long as I maintain those circumstances.

This is a weird set of circumstances and understand if you cannot figure anythinf, just a little desperate

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

In a similar situation to you with some variations. Waiting to see consultant.
    • Posted

Would love to here your symptoms and further results. Glad, well not glad actually, to hear someone finally can relate. Good luck and keep me updated!
  • Posted

hi John

im sorry to hear your problem with all these symptoms,funny enough,when i read your history of symptoms,i thought when did i publish this story of mine herewink)

anyway,all your symptoms you have is just the same as my symptoms and togethere with being SINCE 4 YEARS

i have been to endescobi twice in turkey and more nd more tests over the years and no one could find anything. does your upper stomach hearts like knife tip as you walk or try to run?last time i run was over 4 years ago,i can run or walk on the hill because of this problem.when i lie down everything seems perfect and i feel like i never had this problem..but when i stand up!!nightmare is back,every morning i open my eyes with fear of stsrting a new day with what i have and can not get rid of it.it is cuffed stiutation,you cant go anywhere from it and it is just inside you at all times,it comes with you where ever you go.can you please update me if they can find anything to help your proble,so maybe i can get some inspiration from this.also im having my third endescopy but in uk this time,i trust the doctors here,they know what they are doing and more careful.i will also update you and hopefuly we will be like our old selves one day.

appriciate of summer before winter comes,appriciate of health before illness comes they say.

thanks for reading my mail.

regards

• Posted

Hi John reading this it sounds just like the symptoms I have. I have had blood tests ,ultrascan ,Gastroscope all come back negative . I am at Mt wits end with woody with this .Have you had any relief and been diagnosed yet ??
  • Posted

Hi John have you had any relief or a diagnosis for your pain yet ? Mines is worsening and am still waiting to see a consultant the pain is under my ribs round my back and up into my chest

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.