Chronic Urinary Tract Infections

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all,

This is my first forum post on this website. Anyway, I have chronic urinary tract infections, with having one just every few weeks/month. I am a transgender male who takes testosterone, could this be why? Are there any medications to prevent getting these UTIS? What can I do to prevent getting any more of these?

Thank you,

Shawn

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shawn!

I use to get chronic UTI's about a year ago. I would have one every single week. (So I thought.) I went to 5 different doctors who had NO CLUE what they were doing. They tested me, and would give me a very strong dose of antibiotics, and send me home in hopes they wouldn't have to deal with me for a little while longer. Finally I found a good doctor who actually took the time to look at my past cultures on all my urine samples. All but 2 of my cultures out of the 30+ I had gone in for and had tested, were actually positive for a bacterial infection. This means I was taking a lot of antibiotics for NO REASON. Turns out I was having chronic YEAST infections, not UTI’s. The antibiotics made it much worse, because they killed all the good bacteria in my lady parts that actually fight off yeast. So it made the yeast grow so strong before I knew what was actually causing the pain, and it was able to get into my actual skin, not just the outside. It resulted in a six month period where I was so sick, I was bleeding when I peed, and it was really scary! But that’s when I found the doctor, who immediately put me on some very strong yeast medication, and BAM. About a week later I was “cured.” Yeast infections have very similar side effects to a UTI. It causes burning while urination, it can cause the vaginal wall to hurt or feel sore, and even the pee hole. It can also cause minor bleeding in urine. Which could resemble a uti. Please check with your doctor to make sure your cultures are coming back positive for bacterial infections!!! Cause if not, it’s not a UTI! It could be another underlying problem. Don’t wait as long as I did to find the answers.

Another thing could be sexual activity, if you’ve been abstinent for a while and have just become sexually active again. It takes the body a minute to get used to it, and the UTI’s will stop the more frequently you have sex.

If you do find that you’re having chronic yeast infections and not UTI’s, try to cut out sugar from your diet as much as you can. Yeast loves sugar.

I’m not a doctor, so make sure you go and get real medical professional advice. These are just my personal experiences and what helped solve my problems in dealing with this exact issue you’re having. Good luck, and I hope you find out what’s causing them!!

• Posted

With any type of UTI the best prevention I know is to take a daily cranberry 5000mg tablet. One a day works for me but some people take two. Well worth a try.

• Posted

I second the yeast infection possibility.

I would definitely explore that possibility and if 'infections' continue you have at least ruled out one possibility.

Good luck!

• Posted

TAKE SWEETCURES DMANNOSE

I HAD SAME PROBLEM FOR 2 years

i NOW take 1 morning 1 NIGHT

CHANGED MY LIFE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.