Chronic urticaria gone

Posted , 7 users are following.

For over 5 years I suffered from chronic urticaria.  I started out having only  delayed pressure urticaria and eventually progressed to full blown chronic urticaria everyday.  Like everyone els reading this (I’d assume) I’ve been to more doctors and have had more test done with no results.  I depended on meds everyday.  Well I haven’t had a single hive in two months.......  I made a serious life change.   I started out with doing a 5 day juice cleanse.  I only consumed vegetable and some fruit juice and water.  After the 5 days I resumed eating.  I eat 100% plant based and non processed.   If I don’t understand what’s on the label I don’t eat it.   This was not an easy transition for me... I was a huge meat eater... I competed in bbq competitions... life long hunter... ect.....but once I seen results I was satisfied that this was the answer.  If you suffer from chronic urticaria I suggest you try this, and take it seriously.  Absolutely no animal products or processed foods.  I never imagined a life without hives and here I am... freedom.  Good luck

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I also want to add that this is an autoimmune disease.... so we have to focus on our immune system health by loading up on nutrients...  I also started taking mushroom based supplements (a tip from an herbalist friend) which are know to regulate  our immune system.  I take two products called “four kings” and “Siberian chaga”.    And I want to reiterate that I’m not some hippy trying to push a vegan lifestyle on people.  I spent my whole life eating bbq and hunting but going plant based and non processed changed my life for the better.  Best wishes, hope this helps 
    • Posted

Thanks for this. I have permanent itching on my face and scalp and like you have had numerous tests with no results. I tried an elimination diet for 2 weeks eating just brown rice and water but I didn’t get any change. Some days it’s worse than others but I don’t know why. I’m being told that I’m making myself itch by being so stressed about it but not being stressed about constant itching is hard!  I take grapefruit seed extract and oil of oregano daily. What other nutrients do you take? Where were your hives? All over the body? So glad you found your solution. I need to find mine!
    • Posted

Hi Angie, so my hives were all over my body.. at times in my mouth and on my face even.  As far as nutrients go, I went out and bought a juicer and made my own juice.  Cucumber, celery, kale... ect. I drank only this juice  for 5 days  to sorta overload my system  with the good stuff.    Once I started eating again I’ve only been eating plant based.   There in a documentary on Netflix called “fat Sick and nearly dead”. This is where I sorta got my guidelines from. 

• Posted

Sounds awful! For me I don’t have hives which I believe you mean give you welts or raised spots which itch? I have no visible symptoms just itching which I think is allergy based but made worse by me getting stressed about it. My elimination diet didn’t really do anything but I might not have tried it for long enough (2 weeks). I’ll try the Netflix documentary!  
    • Posted

Angie i have had hives for one year and am on xolair..I had them when i was pregnant and 40 yrs later they returned out of the blue after itching all over for about five years.. they say it can be caused by thyroid disease which i just found out i have or R A which i just found out i have so who knows . But i will tell you when i stick to a gluten free diet the itching leaves like magic as soon as i start gluten the itching is back and even some hives despite the xolair.. So it seems the gluten causes me lots of issues have you tried being gluten free.. 
    • Posted

Do you have hives in the proper sense- Wendy or raised bumps that itch? I just have itching so it’s hazard to convince the doctor that this isn’t in my head! I tried an elimination diet for 2 weeks eating just rice and water and although I didn’t get any major flare ups the itching was constant throughout. Maybe 2 weeks wasn’t long enough. I’m currently on fexofenadine 180mg x 3, ranitidine and something called montekulast or something like that and together they are attempting to block all the receptors that could cause the itching. It hasn’t gone away after 9 days on this so I’m thinking more and more that it may be aggravated by stress. I had an abnormal reading on my TSH a few months back but the following blood test was within the normal range so they said they wouldn’t treat it as a thyroid condition despite extreme fatigue etc. 
    • Posted

Spell check- I meant welts not Wendy! And hard not hazard!
    • Posted

Angie in my opinion I feel that more importantly than eliminating things is adding things.  Foods high in nutrients...I.e plant based.   The goal is to reienforce your immune system.  Eliminating the bad stuff ofcourse (processed foods and animal products)

I think that an elimination  diet is good to recognize an allergy but when dealing with an autoimmune disorder we have to address our immune system as a whole.   

• Posted

I had just itching no rash no raised bumps when it was just itching.. Then I got full blown welts all over some the size of quarters.. it was everywhere and horrible.. now if i go off the gluten diet i get itching again but only itching.. But i think the xolair keeps the hives away for the most part.. i have had a few .. i only get the xolair shot and if i get the hives i use benedryl even for itching.. I found hydroxine worked very well for itching only..  i had one dr tell me i did not have thyroid issues but my new dr looks at another reading i cant remember what it was and mine is really off thus the thyroid meds.. so it depends i guess on what numbers the dr is reading..
  • Posted

Hello! Thank you for this input and I’m so glad to hear you have had success. I have always been told that chronic hives eventually burn themselves out and will go one day just as quickly as they came. So how do you know it’s not just a coincidence and they went at the same time as your dietary changes? 

Salycilates which are high in many fruit and veg make my hives much worse so I would be scared to try juicing. Having said that I am keen to give up meat because I find it activates my hives also and hard to find very fresh and “clean” meat. 

I find diet changes so hard. 

• Posted

Considering I’ve had hives practically every day for 5 years  and they slowly disappeared over the time I started to change my diet gives me enough evidence  that my poor lifestyle choices were the cause.     Regarding your reaction to some fruits and vegetables I would definitely consult with a doctor or nutritionist and maybe eliminate certain things.    The last thing I wanted to do in the world was change my diet, but once I seen the results it was well worth it.  Good luck. 
  • Posted

I identify with all u stated. One question for you, do u mind telling me your age.
  • Posted

I had 10 years ago and was able to cure them by eliminating all starch/sugar foods (that includes rice). I had a hunch that my hives may be due to Candida yeast because the hives came shortly after a triple round of antibiotics for a nasal infection. A poor diet that doesn't promote good stomach flora can promote the growth of Candida (i.e. Guar gum in ice cream and white rice kills the good flora in your gut).

Candida isn't the cause of everyone's hives. Other causes for hives:

1) stress

2) hormones

3) contact allergens

4) food allergies

I know how frustrating hive can be. My hives came back in 2017 and this time candida isn't the cause. But on the bright side, I lost 10 lbs doing the elimination diet!  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.