Chronic Urticarial rash and I want a tattoo

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice on what to do. I have suffered with a severe case of chronic urticaria (face, hands and feet swelling, large red lumps all over body and legs turning greyish/ purplish)for about 6 years now (I'm only 19) and doctors don't know what causes it. All I have ever been told is that my blood over heats and I'm allergic to dust. I currently don't have any tattoos and would like to get one, so I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation who has tattoos could give me some advice on what I should do.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hate to disappoint you but getting a tattoo would probably aggravate your hives as the process would trigger your immune system, put it in overdrive!! You are only 19 plenty of time to get a tattoo in later life when you might have found a way to keep your hives in remission.
  • Posted

Jess

Please take Lorraine's very good advice.  You don't want to aggravate your immune system....that is so important. The greyish purple almost sounds like it could be urticaria vasculitis...you may want to ask your doctor about that possibility.

I wish you well!

Wendy

• Posted

Jess,

Based on my experience I've had chronic urticaria for a while now and in october i went and got my first tattoo while having this condition and it didn't affect me whatsoever. Im 24 and have the same symptoms you do except for the greyish purplish part. I hope this helps you make your decision. And i really hope you get better i know how terrible this is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.