Chronic UTI

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got my first uti shortly after marrying (honeymoon cystitis) and had six months of a chronic painful  uti.  The military  doctors wrote three days of antibiotics but  it always came back with a vengeance and disrupted my life, work & college.  A urologist helped me with urethra dilation and it was an excruciating procedure but helped me so much.  From then on I would get a uti maybe once a year if that...NOW I am now in my 60's and yes, time flies!  And the uti problem returned four years ago.  The urologist who helped me nearly 40 years ago is long gonesad

I've been on every antibiotic the past four years and the past month THREE different rounds.  Today is my last day of the latest  antibiotic and I feel good.  But who knows how long?  I've stocked up on dmannose (3 brands), & probiotics 100 billion per pill.  AND cranberry juice or cranberry pills do NOT work for me.  I have recently spent about $400 on prevention products.  It just doesn't get easier and I feel sorry for all women who suffer.  My advice is to read everything you can get ahold of and be educated about this disease and get a compassionate doctor .  I finally understand much more and that empowers me a bit!  

I am hoping that by taking charge myself it will help!  It's a daily chore!  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did u ever have your stomach messed up with all the antibiotics?
    • Posted

There have been some antibiotics that have made me nauseous but it usually gets better with some food and several days taking them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.