Chronic UTI

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with uti almost 2 weeks ago and still having problems.  My lower back is in severe pain and lower stomach feels nauseated all the time. Plus still burns when I urinate. Could this have gone to into something else?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Most definitely! Ask your doctor to do a resistance/susceptible panel to determine proper treatment. Not all antibiotics kill all bacteria’s. Cipro is almost ineffective in many persons.  

If a bladder infection is left untreated it can travel up to ureters and kidneys. 

• Posted

I sympathise with you. I had a UTI in mid December and was prescribed antibiotics. It took a couple of weeks before I felt better. However now I've got the same symptoms again. Not happy!

• Posted

The scary thing is whether we need to take antibiotics for longer number of days or is it that our bodies are building up resistance to where no increased number of days will result in any better effectiveness.  Right now I’m on Amoxicillin for ten days! Used to be that 5-7days was sufficient dose. Someone told me that taking colloidal silver worked for her with UTIs. Maybe look into that for both treatment and prevention?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.