Chronic UTIS... help

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have had chronic utis for two years now. I have gone to a urologist and they gave me on hand medication... sounds wonderful HOWEVER as soon as i take it i get itchy. especially down there. for how quick it happens doesnt make me believe its a yeast infection. it happens instantly and its so uncomfortable. i got the medication switched and am hoping for a better out come but i am concerned as to why this is happening. i am a young mom and cant stand that i cant run play with her the wayni want to due to constant pain but the docs dont know what else to do. they stick strictly to uti even with the itch the medicaion causes. i dont know what to do.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm not quite clear what you mean about 'on hand' medication. Do you mean that you have something to keep by you so you can take it as soon as you feel you have a UTI coming on? Or are you saying that you take this medication all the time?

That you have an instant itching reaction 'down there' sounds like it's not suiting you and it's causing some kind of reaction. Thrush would normally take a couple of days to get uncomfortable.

It might help if you said what the name of the medication is and also the name of the one that they switched you to.

• Posted

they gave me a antibiotic to keep at home to take when i get a uti instead of making multiple trips to the doctor. i forget what the first medication that was making me so itchy was called but i am on macrobid? now which has been much better. itch is going away!

• Posted

I had chronic UTi's for over two years and this is how I cured it. I bought a two-strand probiotic from Amazon called Pro-B that balances out vaginal and urinary flora which in turn eliminates and prevents infections. However, the real miracle worker was D-Mannose with cranberry and dandelion extract from Divine bounty. I tried many D-Mannose products, however, this one prevented UTI's from coming back for good, it's two pills a day for preventative measures and double the doze if you have a really bad infection-it will stop it without 24 hours or less and clear up whatever is going on in your bladder! Also, I drink dandelion root teat hat can be purchased in any health food store. Two cups per day for about two weeks will flush your bladder and kidneys for good! Antibiotics are not a cure, they wash out all the good bacteria from your gut and cause vaginal infections as well as making your body more resistant to the infection. I hope this helps and best of luck!

• Posted

i will try absolutely anything at this point. thank you so much for all the info!

• Posted

It is sensible that if you have any issues that you are not clear about and especially if you have been given treatment that you feel is not beneficial write letters to the 'prescribers' stating the facts of the matter. Each and every mortal thing 'they' do for you is in writing. That is referred to in any event.Do same so that you have a record of what is fact.

'They' might not like it much but do it as it is without doubt the correct thing to do and of course 'they' will know that you are very keen indeed to get things right, as you should be because your health is the most precious thing anyone has in life.

Us lot on here cannot know the exact details but your carers 'should know'. Writing to them is the best way of conveying what you feel should be happening because it is your right which no one can refute.

• Posted

Hey there,

I think you should try using probiotics. It might surprise you but probiotics have shown to be quite effective in these situations. These friendly bacteria help to improve urinary tract health, aide digestion and gut as well. Taking antibiotics for UTIs is a good measure in the sense that yes it will provide relief from symptoms and cure the condition but UTIs are recurring in natural and generally chronic. Relying on antibiotics all the time may lead to undesirable side effects and health problems.

Our system needs good bacteria which support our digestion, urinary tract and guts. Antibiotics on the other hand kill both the good and bad bacteria.

To cut it short, I advise you try taking probiotics. You can try Flouris Probiotics by Eu Natural. It is a combination of friendly bacteria which support and boost digestion, urinary tract health and gut too.

• Posted

It is horrible to take long term antibiotic, which will destroy your digestive system and immune system, and give you fungi when bacteria are killed. It would be even harder to kill fungi. To have fungi is probably the reason that your UTI turned to be chronic. I had been in chronic UTI for many years until I found my own way to solve it. The doctor cannot help. The holistic doctor may do the work.

My suggestion is to stop the antibiotics. Instead, you may drink D-manos powder, Apple cider vinegar, a lot of Vitamin C. Stop eating or drinking anything with sugar. At the same time, wash the exterior of the feminine part with the diluted white vinegar.

Also if you may also your vagina to see if there is bacteria or fungi there. You may apply some prebiotic vaginal suppositories because vagina could be the cause of the UTI particularly during and after manopause.

Good luck!

• Posted

i have a product i used to cure my own UTI

I have being battling with vagina infection for years. Tired different treatments all to no avail. But today with a Chinese product I am free. If you will like to know the product and purchase it. Drop your comments.

• Posted

Itchiness is either a sign of an infection becoming worse, or recovery. Evaluate the physical difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.