Chronic Vaginal E Coli infections

Posted , 74 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So the last few times I was treated for BV (in the summer of 2014), it turns out once the cultures came back, that I had E Coli and not Gardnerella. It is chronic and goes away with antiboitoics, but comes back right away a few days after the antibiotics are through, especially after a period. I am taking 50 Billion probiotics, using apple cider vinegar down there to restore pH, etc. I have no new sex partners, have been married for 10 years, and he was tested and does not have E Coli. Has anyone strugged with E Coli infections? My doctor says that E Coli is another bacteria that is present everywhre, and when your pH in the vagina is off, it cannot fight off the normal bacteria and they flourish. All of my bloodwork has come back fine, except I just found out I have the beginning stages of cervical cancer. The doctor thinks this is all related, but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this. It's miserable and I'm tired of having infections. If you have any insight or experience to share, please do! Thank you! smile

0 likes, 143 replies

143 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.