Chronic whiplash /mild brain traumatic injury ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

After a driver drove into the back of my car when I was more or less stationary have experienced , headaches on and off , soreness to back of head ( like it has been kicked ),  an heavy feeling on top of my head , virtigo , nauseous and strange feeling in my ears at times .

If i do to much ( to much being light chores and walking but not to far ) my legs become weak and I get very tired .

i have had physiotherapy treatment to neck and shoulders .

I have experience light in toleration at times , can't cope with loud voices and the whole thing is giving me anxiety / depression , making my life so miserable .. This has been going on for nearly 2 months , I thought last week I was on a positive turning point so I did more then normal and found symptoms came back ...

apparently rest is the way forward !!

any one experienced any thing similar , would love to know I am not alone and someone would know how awful the whole thing is ..  Like an hell hole at times ..

love to hear from you if you know what I am going through .....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paulina, I know all about this all too well, I was stationary and a 4x4 smashed me up the bum on 5th Dec 2011, I had whiplash etc, and the exact same as you describe above, I too went to physio and could not understand why when I came home I was so tired, to the point where it knocked me out for two days, I had a six week course of physio, then if I went shopping this would also knock me out for two days, as did housework etc, then to top it off I could not remember words, I went to the Dr in Jan 2013 told him my symptoms to which he dxed me with CFS/ME, I have been in bed on and off since.  I also have AS, IBS, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD,  & GAD, so I know exactly what you are talking about. I had bloods done a few weeks ago, all was ok, but for my Kidney, was told to drink more water and have it checked again in six weeks time, in the meantime Dr sent another blood form through for me to have bloods done re inflamation due to pains in neck, arms, shoulders, back, knees, fingers and thumbs, ankles and feet. It IS a nightmare and no you are not alone. Look up ME/CFS on here and Dr Google, see if it fits with your symptoms, if does see Dr for Dx, I hope your Dr isn't anything like the one that Dxed me, Iv'e been in bed since Jan 2013 and am housebound now as legs too week to walk, get very dizzy too, I try to read all I can and have joined the ME/CFS Forum on here and other ones, which is a help in understanding and knowing I am not alone, Good luck and I hope your pain eases soon. x
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply ...

your situation sounds terrible .

Would it be impossible for you to take yourself outside to garden or local shops ???

reading your email has made me determined to get best advice , best care , and stide forward ..

hoping I don't  get the opposite ..

Watch this space ..

keep you updated 

xxxx 

• Posted

Hi It is not impossible for me to go downstairs to the lounge or garden, but I find I sit with my family for a little while then have to go back to bed again when I am in a flair up.  I don't go out any more as there is no energy for this, legs just won't take it nor will the fatigue but some days I CAN sit downstairs with family, this is such a funny illness.  I am still learning about it as something new comes along or is a bit different from one day to the next, but what is sure the fatigue is a pig.

I am glad you are determined to get the best care, don't let the Drs fob you off, as often they will, and sometimes you have to educate them, Good luck and please do let me know how you get on. 

• Posted

I am just 56 years old , wondered what your age was if you don't mind me asking ...
    • Posted

I am 48 now, been over three years since accident and have never been the same. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.