Chronis Sinusitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

After reading most of these posts, I don't see any mention of Netty Pot Products or Prednisone. I was just curious if anyone had any luck with either one of them. I, for one, cannot use prednisone. It makes me crazy and is basically a poison for me. As far as the latest in Nettypot products, I see all sorts of rinses for the sinuses. My sinuses are miserable and flare up at any given time. This go around I'm currently enduring is not fun.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Netti pots might make the problem worse. They can flush out the necessary bacteria that you need for good sinus health. You can Google that information. Lots of alternative health care sites talk about that. Good luck.
  • Posted

I didn't care for the Nettypot, but I do use a NeilMed bottle (large squeeze bottle) that is filled with warmed, distilled water, and 1/2 tsp salt. The ear, nose and throat Dr also prescribed pulmicort to add to it. When there is infection, he has had me add Mupirosin to the solution, Since oral antibiotics don't work well in the sinuses, he feels that getting the antibiotic to the area, is more helpful.
    • Posted

I should add that my sinus issues are due to allergies. That is why he recommends irrigation, and the use of pulmicort.
    • Posted

Thanks, Joolee... I purchased the NeilMed Sinugator that is operated by batteries and pretty much operates under the same pretense as yours. I used it once last night and got relief. It came with 30 packs. A 23.00 investment at Walgreens. If it doesn't help. oh well... but I felt much better after the process was completed. I never thought I could flush my sinuses but when you're desperate, looking for relief, I guess we'll try anything.

Have a good day!

• Posted

I have never tried a neti pot but I have certainly tried prednisone. It made me so unwell and the side-effects are quite frightening. There have been some good suggestions on here but I have personally not found anything that helps. The good thing is being able to talk to people who are also suffering with this awful problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.