chrons disease

Posted , 6 users are following.

can anybody help me? i've been told to see my GP to investigate some issues i have been having and told by the sounds of things i could have chrons disease, i've not had any weight loss but had other symptoms but surely i'd know before now? i'm 21 and always suffered with stomach cramps, diarriah ect but now its getting worse i'm really scared and have nobody to talk to about it 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please don't be scared.  If it is Crohns there is a lot that can be done and you should feel better and it is good not to have stomach cramps.  biggrin
    • Posted

hi, thank you for your reply, i hope the diagnosis is quick its horrible being ill all the time and not knowing why! 
  • Posted

Hey, chrohns is hard to diagnose but you will probably find you just had ibs. ibs has a vast amount of symptoms that can present like chrohns. If you have chrohns you should be very ill such as sickness etc, weight loss, extreme tiredness. the more anxious you are the worse your stomach symtoms will be. i have been tested for chrohns after being annoyed that the doctors has shrugged me off with ibs but now i know more about ibs and its symptoms i feel much better. try not to worry. i have 2 friends with chrohns and they lead a happy normal lifestyle apart from medication. if you have got it its easy to manage with the right lifestyle and treatment. the fact you are 21 is also good as the earlier they investiagte the better. im 22 and ibs has caused me anxiety and all sorts so your not alone.
    • Posted

hi there! thanks for this, yeah i was diagnosed with IBS about 4 years ago but none of the medication works for me, imodium sometimes stops my symptoms but thats it but its started getting much worse i have all of the symptoms bar weightloss, well i have lost weight recentrly but i'm also on a diet so it'll be down to that the anxiety is the worst. i have blood tests booked in in the morning so i'll keep posted 
  • Posted

Hi Eden

Crohn's can be really elusive and difficult to diagnose depending on where it is in the bowel.  The fact that you are being investigated for it is a good thing as it is being taken seriously.

In the meantime try not to worry too much and take a good look at how you can best take care of yourself....there's all sorts of dietary things you can try to help calm your symptoms....Sugar is a natural laxative so check out how much sugar is in your diet....also milk can be a problem ( I use long life skimmed and not much of it....ordinary milk always sends me into a flare!).....Tomatoes (cooked), raw onions, chocolate, creamy stuff, cakes, nuts, celery....so many nice things....all can make your symptoms much worse.

But everyone's different....so its worth checking out what works or doesn't work for you

Try not to be scared....and good luck with everything.....if you need to chat anymore please get in touch

• Posted

Hi,Im new to this forum myself but I have found it very supportive already. I know its hard not to worry but your not alone,this forum is great for support and people to talk too,stay positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.