Chrons disease - Vedolizumab side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was hoping to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same side effects from Vedolizumab as my partner. He has Chron’s disease and has been on Vedo for the last year, it has got to a point now where he would rather suffer the pain of Chron’s than the side effects of Vedo.

I will list the symptoms he is experiencing; I really hope there is some out there who can offer some advice.

Total insomnia, to the point where an hours sleep at night is classed as a good night’s sleep. Constant night terrors.

Exhaustion – This is most likely a result of the insomnia.

Severe mood swings, uncontrollable anger. This is made worse when he is too hot e.g. summers day / no air con.

Flu/allergy like symptoms, waking up feeling achey, bunged up nose, sore eyes, headache.

Unable to focus/concentrate.

Brain fog, getting stuck on words/unable to recall recent events.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

hi Phoebe i used to be on the same as your husband. I went through pretty much all the treatments before i had to have surgery. I found that Infliximab was the best in regards to side effects but i know everyone's different. May be worth him asking to an alternative as he cant carry on living like that. All the best Jason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.