CIC Residual Volumes and ejaculation

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've noticed that my PVRs are reduced for several days after an ejaculation which occurs once or twice a month.In between the PVRs steadily rise. Has anyone else noticed this effect? Thanks.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hope your problem solve Howard, can you please help to answer my discuss ?

• Posted

yes, i believe that once semen is released from prostrate, the volume of prostate is temporarily lessened making urine flow much easier.

• Posted

I don't CIC but any ejaculation "clears" the path and it seems easier to urinate.

• Posted

Howard. When a men ejaculate he is cleaning out the prostate so it may be smaller and relax for a little time but I know you are doing CIC but do you remember when you were younger. After sex or masturbation you had to go to the bathroom right after sex. That is the body's way of cleaning everything out. Take care Ken

• Posted

Thanks Ken and all for responding. So it does seem I am noticing a real effect.

Ken- do you still CIC and if so do you ejaculate in support of it? My problem is that I am still Avodart which greatly reduces the amount of ejaculate and almost makes it seem like RE.

All this makes me wonder if Avodart has actually caused my prostate to grow over the past 5 years from 200 gm to now 300 gm because the ejaculate has all but dried up?? What do you think?

All the best

Howard

• Posted

Howard I only had to do CIC a few time. Have not been on any of them pill only when I was in the hospital last year. Stop the Flomax as soon as I came home. That Avodart could be giving you a ejaculation problem. See if there is something else you can try and stop taking that pill. Good luck ken.

• Posted

Thanks Ken. Have you heard from jimjames lately? I haven't seen him post for awhile?

• Posted

Good afternoon Howard. I am so sorry. I forgot to put a answer on. Yes I heard from him a few days ago. He is having some problem with his arrhythmia and had some computer problems. He said he will try to get caught up when he has time. He thanks everything for thinking about him. Howard thank you for reminded me Take care Ken

• Posted

Thanks Ken. I CIC 4 times a day and after every empty I always say "thanks jimjames" !! All the best.

• Posted

No problem. It is H??? to grow old you get one thing done and something else happen. Going throw the same think I have a heart monitor on for another 2 weeks going for stress test on Tuesday. Have to do blood work before I see him on the 12th also have to do blood work again for my Urologist before I see him on the 15TH. I have to call on Monday and see if I can do both at the same time. Take care. At least everything else is under control for now. Have a good weekend Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.