Cider vinegar for craving and weight control

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, I recently started having apple cider vinegar with the ‘mother’,  for craving control and to help with weight loss and it really did help.  For the first time in ages I was not thinking constantly about something to eat! I lost 5lb and started to feel less bloated but now the old cravings are coming back.  I’m feeling podgy again.

Has anyone else tried ACV and had success?

Any ideas as to why it is not working for me now?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, it was excellent for hot flushes too and sleep. Except that I couldn't stand to drink it, as I felt it was too strong. But thanks for reminding me to take it again because it does help with balancing hormones, sleep and hot flushes. 

• Posted

How do you take it?  Do you dilute it?  How often do you drink it?
  • Posted

Yes I use it faithfully! At first I drank it daily ( 1or 2 tablespoons in 8-10 oz of water,apple juice, grape juice, or ginger tea), during digestion issues. It helps settle nausea and is good for constipation.

After using it for a couple of months, I was shocked to see that I'd lost 6 pounds. It made me eat and crave less food.

• Posted

Thanks for your comments - I take about a teaspoon in water morning and evening.  I’ve been cautious about taking too much as I do have some digestive issues.

But maybe I’m not taking enough!  Tablespoons!!?

• Posted

Good day All

I previously use ACV for treating menstruation problems with clots due to Fibroids and the result was perfect. Am glad to see I can also used it for weight loss.

• Posted

Yes I have heard good things about it!!   I did try a while ago but just forgot about it these last few months.  I also heard that if you put some salt on your tongue, cravings go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.