Cigarette smoking and shaky hands

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 40 years old and have been smoking for years without my hands being really shaky. Lately during and after every cigarette my hands will shake rather noticeably. I am also right now dealing with stress and digestive issues. I am not sure if the digestive issue is linked or not. I know that stress plays a role in everything but my anxiety has calmed down in the recent couple weeks though. Even when I had a lot of stress before my hands would not shake during or after a smoke. Anyone ever experience this? If so what did you do otherwise quit smoking lol? I know smoking is bad for me and blah blah blah. It is on my agenda to quit. They will get shaky for about 10 minutes or so and then back to normal. When I am starving then obviously they will become shaky but why after a smoke after all of these years?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Magnets

I stopped smoking in the 1970s after a cae accident, I smoked 60 a day. i had tried to stop a few times and I was very concerned as my GP was concered that I had picked up Chronic BroncitusĀ 

I stopped and would suck Fishermans Friends, the original ones were good for the throat and seemed to mimic the tast of tar and nicotine.

You will still get the side effects and the bringing up of soot, although it is worth a try. I know you can still get these Losenges, although it has been a long time ago since I used them. I did feel however they made the taste of a cigarette horrible.

BOB

• Posted

Shaking hands Magnets could be caused by the Nicotine Drug or other medications you may be takingĀ 

Personally I would mention this to your GP

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for the advice Bob and I may look up these lozenges. I am not on any medications other then Zyrtec for allergies but it has never bothered me before. My doctor will most likely say it's stress and blah blah blah lol. My doc told me because of my stress levels lately to not attempt to quit until things calm down a bit. Strange thing is I have been feeling perfectly fine lately yet my hands go crazy after every smoke

• Posted

Your body is telling you something. Better follow through with your plan to quit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.