Cimetidine for Acid Reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I tried lots of the other proton pump inhibitors and they always gave me an awful headache which I could not tolerate so switched to cimetidine.

Have had very weird side effects and not sure if some of the things are side effects or the illness itself. Are you or have you been taking cimetidine and if so what side effects are you or have you experienced please? Please tell me why you took it or are taking it and how long for.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was on cimetidine for many years, as I've had reflux in various forms and degrees for over 30 yrs I've had the lot. Tagamet denol, denol tab, imeprizole Zantac lanzoprazole. ( prob both spelt wrong but you know the ones) none of these have given me any side effects I was aware of    I took each one until my gp suggested I try the new kids on the block
    • Posted

Wow thanks for that information. Every time I take anything, even something natural, I get side effects that others do not get. Even anti histamines give me bad side effects, so did milk thistle and echinacea, now on the cimetidine am getting bad cramps in feet and legs in the morning, stomach aches. But I prefer that to the awful headaches I got on the other choices.++++++++++++++
    • Posted

No I don't drink at all but someone gave me milk thistle saying it had other uses too such as helping the liver so thought I would give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.