Cimzia arrived today

Posted , 10 users are following.

The Cimzia script arrived this morning.   Will get the script filled and inject immediately.   This disease has progressed to the point where I'm unable to use my hands/arms for much of anything:  I can't dress myself, can't tie my shoelaces, can't use cutlery, can't dry myself after a shower, can't even pick up a carton of milk.   The Rheumatologist is confident the cimzia will work; unfortunately, given my medication history, I don't share his confidence at all - my last hope I'm afraid!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tony, be positive !! The mind is powerful . I know and understand your pain. I also have RA. I take enbrel . I will keep you in my prayers.
  • Posted

Hi Tony you have my heartfelt sympathy, I have problems with the same areas but not as severely as you (although my Husband just laced my shoes for me ??) I am still able to do a lot for myself for which I am thankful. I started MTX a year ago then they added Plaquenil but I still had loads of inflammation so started on Cimzia injections seven weeks ago. I have been having less pain and no side effects so was overjoyed but my last lot of blood results came back with high liver damage so I have been taken off MTX for the last two weeks and now I am getting pain again ?? I'm hoping the Cimzia will build up sufficiently to stop it soon. Have faith and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works for you.

• Posted

Hi Tony, I agree with Downey girl, the mind is the most powerful tool. I've been where u r not that long ago in that my last flare up left me functionless. I was in so much pain I couldn't take it any longer but I didn't give into it emotionally. I kept thinking it'll pass and it eventually did. I started cimzia about 9 weeks into the flare and it did work, give it chance to kick in and keep thinking positive. Let us know how you get on with cimzia. I've had a couple of minor problematic flares since but I know I'd be much worse if I wasn't on cimzia. It's my fourth medication but first biologic. All the best. Gemma.

• Posted

I'm just hoping to be able to use my hands again without experiencing so much pain, being able to tuck in my shirt would be good.   Unfortunately, my government says I must try at least two medications for at least six months and if they don't work then I can apply for biologics.   Well I did that, plus other meds, and got no releif at all.    That six months of waiting has resulted in changes that I doubt can be reversed, so even if I get to use my hands again the damage to my joints will not improve and my range of motion also will not improve.   Like it or not I am now an invalid.

• Posted

I am in exactly the same position. Whilst waiting to 'qualify' to go on a biologic drug, my joint damage has been severe. My hands and wrists are very deformed, my elbows are closely following and my feet are crazy! However, Cimzia has worked brilliantly for me.  It is surprising what very misshapen hands can do once out of pain.  They are still weak and I do need some help at times but when there is no pain, you will be able to tuck your shirt in....trust me.  I wish you all the best. Let us know how it goes. 

• Posted

Amazing the different manifestations of this disease.   Othr than a lump on my right elbow I have no deformities in any of my joints, no swelling and no redness, just lots of pain and my days are now limited largely to sitting in front of a computer.   It's been about 12 hours now since I've had my cimzia and I'm not cured, what's going on?

• Posted

You crack me up Tony 😂 but get in line! mines been 7 weeks so me first. 😊
  • Posted

First injection done, now I'll just sit back and wait for the side effects to take hold.

• Posted

As for side effects, I have experienced very few.  I am hoping the same applies to you. And yet, I was on and off MTX and other medications as my white cell count kept falling too low. I had boils, mouth ulcers, fatigue....never a pretty sight! On Cimzia, I feel great. I have loads of energy, my pain has gone, I am my old self again.  I am really hoping it works for you.
    • Posted

Tony....I m presuming that s tongue in cheek....!

but don't tell yourself that too often !

• Posted

I have my good days and my bad days:   On good days I like to humour myself (no one else seems to like my humour), on bad days I have thoughts of ending it all, not too fond of that idea though:   how could I annoy, how could I laugh and I certainly can't hold my breath for an eternity.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.