cimzia injection

Posted , 5 users are following.

For those who pray could you please add my name to your prayers today as I go for my first 2 Cimzia injections.  I am quite anxious about it.  I had side effects from the humira which caused me to go to see a cardiologist and have further testing.   I know these drugs are powerful and with many side effects but the MTX just is not working for me

Thanks/  I do include all of you in my prayers and think of you and all of us dealing with this awful condition.   May we try and stay positive despite down turns and drug failures

Gloria from MA--USA

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

No need to feel anxious for any of the RA medications, get the Nurse/Doctor to instruct you on how to inject, then do the injections yourself.   Being in control of your treatments will help with your anxiety.  

I'm a diabetic so am quite used to injecting myself, plus when I was working I was required to inject my Police Dogs so injecting myself or others doesn't worry me.   I'm currently injecting cosentyx twice weekly, prior to that Cimzia and prior to that MTX.

I hope you have luck with cimzia, didn't work for me but cosentyx is having some effect after only three weeks and six injections.

Sorry, can't pray for you, I don't believe in God.   If there was a God I'm pretty sure he wouldn't allow terrible diseases like RA to invade our bodies:   That would be cruelty in the extreme.

• Posted

Tony,   so good to hear that cosentyx is having some effect on you.  I know you have been thru the ringer --you sure have had a very rough road and it would be wonderful if this med worked for you

Thanks for your input.   I was not so much concerned about injecting myself,  more concerned about nasty side effects but they will come later if they are going to happen  

Not going to try and talk you into believing in God--faith is a gift. 

Only asked for prayers of those who do pray.   I know it's not politically correct to talk about God or religion in these times

Best wishes,   Gloria

• Posted

Hi tiny I am so happy to hear that you have something that alienates your symptoms I wish you all the best that it's continues!

• Posted

Sorry tony for misspelling your name cold fingers!
    • Posted

Hi Gloria, I will pray for you and I wish you every success with no nasty side effects. Meg
    • Posted

Thank you Meg,  very kind.   So far so good   : )

One day at a time .    All the best to you too

• Posted

Hi Gloria, I'm on Cimzia injections, have no problem with the injections themselves other than I have a bit of trouble sometimes not enough strength pressing the plunger. I don't have any side effects at all and I hope it's the same for you. 

• Posted

Thanks, Mary.    I did fine with the first 2 injections last week.   I have a slight tightness in my chest but I think it is allergy related so took a pill for that.   No pain or redness at the site which is nice as I had with humira injection sites.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.