cin 111 cells for the 4th time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone is able to relate. Im 32 and everytime ive had my smear for the past 18 months its come back as cin 111 abnormal cells ive had a loop removal each time which has been performed at my doctors surgery. Im not due for a smear for another 4 months but the doctor has now refferd me to the hospital which has totally worried me . Any information would be appreciated. Sorry about the spelling ☺x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Is your loop results showing cin111 or just your smear results (HSIL)?  Smears are not a diagnostic tool and cin111 result would actually be a diagnostic finding from the loop procedure.  Also, after a smear result that is suggestive of a high grade lesion as cin111, the usual protocol would be a colposcopy directed biopsy.  That was unclear in your statement.  Smear tests can show false positives as well as negatives so further testing should be done of course with positive findings.  Some cytology interpretations can be wrong as there is a condition called "squamous or tubal metaplasia" which the cells look almost exactly like cin111.  If your loop showed cin111 were the edges clear?  Are you HPV positive?  Your docs don't seem to be giving you much info.  I'd consider a second opinion before being submitted for any further invasive procedures. 

• Posted

Hi ive bin wanting to reply to this for a while n as ive said im not good with spelling. I did clearly say ive had loop removal 3 times. I went for my 4th yesterday after being transfered to hospital still with cin 111 severe cells but wen i got there and they had a look it turns out theres too much scar tissue so they were unable to do anything as i have no cervix left after the three biopsys ive alweready had at the local surgery and my bowel or bladder could b damaged. So a hysterectomy is being planned now. X always thpught od have another child but being healthy for the 2 beautifull girls i have is more important. Anyone gping threw owt simlar ☺
    • Posted

So sorry that you are going through this.  Can you get a second opinion?  Sorry that I did not interpret your verbiage but was not sure your CIN3 result was from the pap or the biopsy.  CIN3 is also referred to as "carcinoma in-situ" or cancer in place, non-invasive.  Metaplastic cells can resemble CIN3 cells on a slide and a cytologist could miss it and then the pathologist not catch the difference either.  Metaplasia is NOT cancer.  You may indeed have a stubborn CIN3 which would benefit from hysterectomy but I worry about many women needlessly having their organs removed for a persistent false positive reading from the same source lab.  That's why, in my opinion, a second or even a third opinion with a fresh set of eyes before an invasive surgery could be of benefit.  I wish you the best! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.