Ciporoxacin toxicity to a Hypoglycemic patient

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a diabetic hypoglycemic patient. I was given ciprofloxacin two times, 20 tablet each time for prostate infection, and pelvic pain. At the end of taking medication, I started feeling shaking, palpitation, panic, agitation , eye bluriness, body burning etc. I stopped it on 25th september 2018. Unfortunately the symptoms did not stop. Very slightly improved. Whole sugar absorption sytem disrupted. Now I have a very painful life.

I need more antibiotic for UTI, because I am feeling pain during urination. I have appointment on 18th October with Urologist. Which antibiotic is safe for me? If there is further reaction, I will not be able to tolerate. I did Urinalysis, there is no blood, but still I feel pain

I need medicine for prostate too, Dutasteride, or Alph blocker. I stopped all.

Now Carbohydrate I eat, body gives reaction to that with palpitation and shaking and eye blurriness. If I walk a little, sugar falls quickly. I use insulin, Humalog and levemir

All the symptoms nad reactions I experience, is a sign off deep rooted Hypoglycemia, but I did not find any low sugar in my meter. In this situation, I need sugestions how can I get rid of this situation

Prostate problem. again medicine all are in front of me. I pray and pray for HIS HELP. Any kind people, please help me give suggestions.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

eat low carbs.did you join the Fluoroquinolone Toxicity group?

Get on It!

The Group will tell you what drugs to stay away from. it is the Only group focused on Cipro.

It is amazing.

Good luck !

Dina

• Posted

I eat brown rice vegetable chicken, little milk and eggs. I have already taken cipro and in trouble

• Posted

Abdul, are you on face book? The Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Group that Dina mentioned is there. It's based in USA but there are members from all over the world.

• Posted

Yes, miriam, I becamr member, but simply they tell their problem. No body give any suggestion how solve. I do not feel any physical problem. May be Cipro attacked nervouse system or hormone system or utilization of sugar by the body. If you have any suggestion, pl give it

• Posted

Have you posted about your problems? I'm sure there will be somebody on there who has experienced the same thing and will reply to you with suggestions. Or there is a 'search this group' box. If you enter 'blood sugar problems' or 'hypoglycemic' or something like that in the search box it will find previous posts about this problem for you. Try it.

• Posted

Abdul, that is exactly what happened.

it doesn't get better. you must experiment with right mix of magnesium, and other vitamins, minerals, potassium. I know you must be very careful with your diabetes.

eating a hand full of fresh parsley really helps me. eat it everyday.

• Posted

Whatever I eat, has all the minerals and vitamins. B-vitamin you can buy take it, because it is water soluble, if it is not needed, kidney will threw it out. But A & E is risky. Mineral supplement is also risky, If you do not need it some mineral will not be out, will be stored in the body, which might be harmful. What kind of problem, parslay solved for you? It is better to look for which vitamin & mineral which food contains, eat that food. There is no risk in eating food.

Before 6 month, my magnesium level was 0.76 ( limit is 0.7 -1.00). I eat swiss chard and Okra, it got up to 0.86. Palpitation improved before. In this way we can cover all the minerals & vitamins.

My eating plan is 200gram brown rice, + any type of vegetable + chicken, or fish + Little milk. In the morning I eat an egg every day. Rarely blueberry or strawberry. I change vegetable item, every two days to cover all vitamin and mineral. I rearly eat beef.

My sugar is still well under control. My main problem is in the feelings. It does not accept Carb nicely, for this it give reactions. Shaking and palpitation are the sign of low sugar, though sugar is not really low. Body has forgot. For this adrenal is releasing unnecessary hormons declaring an emergency situation and I am getting the reaction.

I have no problem in physical movement, eye bluriness is the pressure on the adrenal, and it has improved. My sleep quality has improved

In blood test, minerals Sodium, potassium, Calcium, Chloride, Magnesium, B12 are measured. It is always OK.

Low sugar is very harmful. Cipro made the sugar low

• Posted

Hi Abdul, don't forget that shaking and palpitations are common symptoms that everyone can get from Cipro. It may be that you recognise these as hyperglycaemic problems and they are just problems. If your blood sugar is back under control and you are happy that you are eating correctly I think you can assume that these feelings are just the same as many other Cipro sufferers experience.

As Dina said here, when you go to the Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Group you can ask any question, or use the 'search this group' box to put in key words e.g. 'shaking' or 'palpitations' and it will show you older posts where this has been discussed.

The taste and tongue thing are all part of it as well!

I hope this helps.

• Posted

The problem discussed in toxicity group does not match with my case. I am diabetic and hypoglycemic. Every symptom I feel, match with the hypo symptoms. It has scientific causes, somewhere it is unstable or harmed. Palpitaton and body shaking are hypoglycemic symptoms. Body is not accepting sugar. Palpitation means it is giving variable heart rate in lower side. Feel dizziness. It is not dangerous, but bothersome . I did heart tests before. I have blood pressure machine I measure it, it is a digestive problem. I had the experience before and fixed it.

I eat cruciferous vegetables every alternatively. Kale Collard, Brussel srout, cauliflower, swiss chard, Okra I am eating from last ten years

Body shaking will go away when body accepts sugar as normal. Still I am hopeful, I will improve.

But still problem will be with me because Diabetes cannot be cured. If I am not not careful, it will catch me again. Many factors are behind this problem a. physical movement - makes insulin sensitivity b. Stress c. the food I eat d, skipping meal, or eating less or more e. Insulin doses should be accurate and in time f. Medicine makes sudden drop of sugar(penicillin) or increases sugar etc

I want advice that will improve me. It must be positive

• Posted

Hi, the carbs are bothering me too. I eat very little carbs now. try coconut water. it has natural magnesium, potassium and electrolytes.I feel so much better after drinking it. my body sometimes now craves it. make sure it is natural, No sugar added. the parsley is great for restoring mitochondria. look up cipro mitochondria.

• Posted

Hi, I have a new problem, my tongue seems infected , I feel little irritation. I was using listerine antiseptic mouth wash. It seems it helps a little. I was eating swiss chard, and Brussel sprouts, But I feel more hypoglycemic symptoms, Why I do not know. But my sugar is not low nor even high. I feel little metallic test while drinking water. Do you know , why? Is it for scar on the tongue ? I take medicine for prostate.

• Posted

I would ask that question to the Fluoroquinolone Toxicity group.

I seem to remember some mentioning that with the tongue and taste. remember, your body had the vitamins from the food, and your numbers are very good, But, it's the process of your Body Not Absorbing the vitamins and minerals in the Cells. That's why we need the extra Boast of vitamins and minerals. Food alone doesn't always help.

are you able to buy coconut water?

• Posted

yes, my sister-in-law also had diabetes. she died last month due to complications at age 62.

The doctor had given her very big doses of cipro. they shouldn't have.

she became very ill... pain, brain fog, unable to sleep, etc. she had problems distinguishing between the diabetic symptoms and the cipro symptoms.I just know that cipro made it worse. she had poor diet. and the doctors told her not to eat many foods that could actually help her. she didn't take any vitamins or minerals. she died 4 years after the cipro. she also had kidney transplant 5 years ago. It was very wrong to give her cipro.

• Posted

Dina, I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, your sister should definitely never have been given Cipro - the kidney transplant and the diabetes were both reasons to not use it. Was this in the US? Hopefully the doctors are better trained these days (although I suspect they're actually not).

Take care,

• Posted

yes, my sister-in-law also had diabetes. she died last month due to complications at age 62.

The doctor had given her very big doses of cipro. they shouldn't have.

she became very ill... pain, brain fog, unable to sleep, etc. she had problems distinguishing between the diabetic symptoms and the cipro symptoms.I just know that cipro made it worse. she had poor diet. and the doctors told her not to eat many foods that could actually help her. she didn't take any vitamins or minerals. she died 4 years after the cipro. she also had kidney transplant 5 years ago. It was very wrong to give her cipro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.