Cipralex dose and effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

?I am on my 16th day on 10 mg of Cipralex for anxiety and OCD (mental obsessions and compulsions). Before I was on 10 mg I did a week on 5 mg and a week on 7.5 mg so in total I have had Cipralex in my system for about 4-5 weeks.

?I am definitely feeling as though the med has helped, but I am still struggling quite a bit with obsessive thoughts/compulsions and anxiety. There are some days that are better than others but I am still struggling.

?Am I still considered early days on this med even though it has been 4-5 weeks? Or should I consider my start date with this med as only 2 weeks ago because that's when I started on the 10 mg?

?Also, I keep hearing that people with OCD tend to need higher doses, but my Dr hasn't mentioed anything about that.

Thanks for any help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I started on prozac and it didn't really work that well, so i went up a dose and got a little better, then my doctor put me on 20mg of lexapro, i was nervous because it's a high dose but it cured my anxiety in about 3 weeks. I'm very tired all the time but it's prob because i'm still adjusting to the high dose, but it's much better than having anxiety or panic attacks. Maybe you just need more time or a higher dose? 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! I was told by my Dr to stay on 10mg for another 10 days and then go up to 15mg if needed. Do you have OCD? Just wondering because I know higher doses tend to be ordered for OCD. Thanks again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.