Cipralex side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was prescribed cipralex last week for high anxiety. I am on day 5 and it has been rough. I feel completely wired for sound, shaky, yawning like crazy, more anxious and nervousness then before I went on it. I am hoping these are just side effects and will go away. I need a light at the end of tunnel as I am ready to stop taking it. Hate this jittery nervousness feeling. Plus I am not eating at all have no appetite. I have to take the adavan at night to get to sleep as I am fully energy. I just want to feel good not buzzed out like this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Lori.

I know it can be suuuuper hard at first, but I felt much better after the first four weeks, and really started seeing benefits after eight. Same thing with the eating and nervous, jittery feelings -- they subsided a lot and I was able to eat much more easily. I promise it does get a lot easier, you just have to survive the first few weeks. From one sufferer to another, you can get through it, and the Ativan is to help you through this time.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, 

Thank you so very much for your feedback it is nice to feel that I am not alone. I broke down and ended up phoning my doctor's office and they told me to half the pills (10mg) and just take the half for the next two weeks. I was so bad having emotional breakdowns, only wanting to lay down on my couch. It was like my head was tired but my body wanted to run the marathon. I was shaking so badly and my anxiety just got so much worse. I know I probably should of waited it out but maybe try this first then increase in a couple of weeks. I have booked my first appt with therapist so I am really happy about that. Hopefully things will start to look up for me. 

• Posted

They will! Please know it's hard with meds at first, but when you find the right one, what a huge difference it makes!!! Keep your head up and know you're on the right path. <3

• Posted

Hey! I'm taking 10mg a day since day one, and for 3 weeks I felt the same! Don't worry, it will get better, at least I'm better now!

• Posted

I decided to stick it out and am feeling a little better. The pinched nerves (at least that is what I think it is) in my neck and shoulder is horrible. I am hoping it is not related. I am eating a little better but still feel nausea and nervousness every day I wake up. I am only on my 2nd week so hopefully this will subside. Happy to hear you are feeling better!! biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.