Cipro antibiotic is garbage

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was given this by a fly by clinic its very strange it really only took away some symptoms i am trying to flush out with water and juices whatever is left.

I dont recommend this drug it has given me pain now in my lower legs and heels. Anyone else have similar problems?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was on Cipro for around 2 year's rotating every 12 weeks wi another 2 antibiotics which I'm now only on 2 and rotate every 6 weeks, the Cipro made me I'll, I spoke to my nephrologist and he took me off it straight away,thankfully so far I'm ok on just the 2 now but Cipro has a super nickname of Bleach for the kidneys so I'm not surprised your having problems, it made all my food taste like metal,I was drained all the time and cramp in my legs, hopefully your course will be finished soon,wish you the best of luck wi it. X
  • Posted

Yes it can cause tendonitis. I now avoid that family of drugs containing fluoroquinolones but last week I was given it in hospital and I took it without knowing the version it was. Come Saturday I could hardly walk down the road due to pain in calves and the tendon behind my left heel.

• Posted

My sister took Cipro for a while , her haemoglobin broke and she developed jaundice and became too weak to move, so she fell on her bed without movement for a few days, when she was taken to hospital , doc found that her Hb level was only 2. Another woman took Cipro by doc's prescription , she developed swelling inside her mouth and oesophagus and she died.
  • Posted

I was given cipro last week for an infection following stent removal after ureteroscopy . I've felt sick as a dog every day since and had pains in my neck, arms hands, ankles and feet.

Apparently I'm infection free now but I am still in a lot of pain kidney wise. sad

• Posted

Gives me tendonitis. It as a lot of side effects.
    • Posted

Wanted to update I only took half my script the she gave me something else that made me sick. It did get rid of my infection but it's weird it's been 2 monthes already and sometimes my heels still hurt so I can't walk real far. But I'm hoping it gets better.
    • Posted

Check on Plantar fasciitis also caused by some antibiotics ans statins.
    • Posted

This past weekend, they put me on it for a bad UTI and I itched all over minus a rash, only made it through half the dose and the doctor took me off of it thinking it the cause for the itching. Also years ago my dad was on it and passed out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.