Cipro for UTI?

Posted , 5 users are following.

im looking for feedback on Cipro for UTI?I have never been on it,but hear it can have some yuckie side effects.I currently have a UTI and possible BV.My friend was telling me the Cipro can possible help the Bv as well.thank you 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It seems to me that diagnosis by a dr in only 10 mins for infections can give a bad result for some people When i use the word bad, i mean become disabled. Then if that person complains to the doc, they may be ignored or worse.Aiways ask questions. I wish i had, my life is ruined.

• Posted

So sorry to hear this John..Are you talking about the meds?I know what you mean about being ignored.My Dr says he uses levaquin for a lot of his patients and gets no complaints.I said..Don't you read up on it?It's all in black and white.Unfortunately,sometimes we have to be our own Dr.I google everything and my family makes fun of me,but I wouldn't know half if I didn't.Although it can be bad sometimes though too because now I am walking around thinking I have cancer due to google.

I really hope your suffering isn't permanent and wish you well.

• Posted

U should never ask google 

even if u did use it wisely only use it to investigate new things don't use it to make judgments 

• Posted

your right.i do always follow up w a Dr.I do get panicky before I go after googling so I'm going to give that a break😊😊
    • Posted

yup a good idea 

just also try to be smart when the Dr. does anything 

good luck 

• Posted

You'll find the QVF website listed in the moderator's pinned post. Use the link I gave you above (scroll back) and you'll see it.

I agree with Miriam about googling. We need to! Just be choosy and don't get freaked out by some of the YouTube FQ vids...there are some very extreme cases...not all of us suffer to that extent.

Good luck Kelly and Marielle.

Plodding on

• Posted

Hi Kelly, and Marieelle (I wrote to you yesterday!),

Just to say I've learnt such a lot from Googling for symptoms and information - that's how I found out about the dangers of the Quinolone antibiotics in the first place.  It's also how I came to be on this forum where I found good advice (Ploddingon has been a wealth of information!).  You just have to be very careful about what you choose to believe.

Marieelle - you said to me that you've found some good videos on youtube.  Kelly, you might like to look there, and also find the quinolone vigilance  foundation, a US and international group set up by floxies to educate both patients and the medical professionals.  Your doctor, Kelly, sounds like he needs educating if he often prescribes Levaquin! Their site is saferpills (not allowed to put actual addresses!), and I was so impressed by them that I am now their UK ambassador!

I hope you both find out what your symptoms are soon - and never take a quinolone (always check the names as I'd never heard of Tavanic until I saw Marieelle's post yesterday!).

• Posted

Thank you Miriam..I plan to stay on top of this for sure..So glad I came here for all this information.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.