Cipro or is it me

Posted , 7 users are following.

In late 2015 I went down with prostatitis, Cipro 500mg twice a day didnt work so put on 750mg twice a day. Since had leg pains in top of legs also pains in shoulders and arms. At some point put on codydromol and ibuprofen at same time as cipro to ease pain.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have reported it via yellow card a few months ago yes, dont know if my docotr has although he has said he thinks I reacted to the Cipro
  • Posted

Was "reacted to the cipro" the drs words. As someone who has lost 5 years of my life with no sign of recovery, a long long list, i would suggest the dr is short on empathy. Not the drs fault, we dont know what we dont know,education is a slow process. Even when i was in agony and discovered how bad cipro was, i still did not believe it was happening to me, i thought ill be ok in a few months. Now i realise i will never get my health back or acknowledgement that cipro caused it. Also , my wife is paying the price.

• Posted

I cannot remember exactly what my Doctor said but I can remember the look on his face a couple of times since I had my little brush with Cipro. I think he was sorry and concerned but thats me trying to read him. Not good to hear you are five years on from Cipro and still in a lot of pain, I know I have managed to start working to some extent that does not mean I am pain free, it just means I have managed to get to a level of pain I can live with and I do think Tai Chi, effectively slow exercise has helped me with movement.
    • Posted

tai chai sounds like a good exercise for dipro cipro, all i can manage is slow rides on my electric bicycle....i'm grateful for that. Dr has not given one comment or word of advice, but he denies the cipro probs 3 times in a letter to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.