Cipro side effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had to take Cipro for 5days because of typhoid infection. I am still having some undesirable effects. Initially i thought the infection is still there until i ran some test which came back negative.

I still have brain fog like my body and mind is not connected. I am barely sleeping. I feel cold while sweating. What can i do to alleviate this feelings. How long can I expect the brain fog to last.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi again Have sent you a PM .

​TYPHOID . Very nasty, I had paratyphoid as a teenager but was in an isolation hospital for 8 weeks 3 were spent in a semi comatose state. Strictly barrier nurses by wonderful fever nurses.

​I was given chloramphenicol first injections then when conscious orally plus vitamins . 

​Magnesium is usually recommended to chelate this poison from hanging around. Mind my asking how you got typhoid and the severity. Have you got to stick to a special diet for the moment?

Thanks 

• Posted

Hi. Unfortunately i didnt get your PM.I contacted the typhoid fever from a local restaurant. I was initially placed on Cefixime for 5days , then cipro for additional 5days. I havent been sleeping well. I have brain fog all the time. The side effect is worse than the infection itself. What can i do
  • Posted

When I wrote poison I was referring to the dreadful Cipro plus all the other quinolone 'family', should be banned.

• Posted

Hi again. How long ago did you contract the thyphoid

This is a nasty infection and it takes a little while to get over.

I think you should get a full check out by your dr and a blood screening including for thyroid issues, for anaemia, low vitamin D and B12 levels. Then based on the results take it from there. It may be due anxiety but physical things need excluding first . I think you just need time to get over this but please discuss this with your dr. Take care. 

• Posted

Hello Harriet. Is it possible to still have the side effect of Cipro after two weeks. I still have brain fog, blurry vision sometimes and pressures behind my eyes
    • Posted

It is possible to have side effects from cipro for months,years or permanently .
    • Posted

Well in theory yes. People take magnesium to get the Cipro out of their bodies it is the fluoride component that can be the problem so import to avoid anything containing fluoride. I will PM you .
    • Posted

Agree about poison, got nerve problems in arms and now legs as a result of taking Ciprofloxacin and now ofloxacin. They use fluorine to penetrate bacterial cell walls but it gets in our cells as well! Hence continuing toxicity.what can be taken in stead!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.