Ciprofloxacin Tab 500MG

Posted , 4 users are following.

Dear all, 

I was hospitalized for two days due to gastroenteritis and sinus tachycardia. Never expect myself to be admitted for the first time in my life. 

I was having 'on-and-off' diarrhea for more than a week, seen GP twice (prescribed anti biotic, anti diarrhea, etc) but problem persists. Decided to seek help from Accident & Emergency. At the triage, the nurse told me that my heart rate was 140 bpm, I was immediately sent in for immediate treatment. Doctor said I am severely hydrated, causing the heart rate to be fast. 

During my stay in hospital, Doctor also noted that I am Campylobacter-positive. And, is currently on Ciprofloxacin (anti biotic) for 7 days. Read some negative reviews about this medication. Any advise? Currently, I am having anal itch. What can be done? Will the itch subsides after I finish the medication? 

Xoxo,

Janne

Singapore

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If I were you, I would stop taking it and get another antibiotic.  Google Ciprofloxacin toxicity syndrome to read some of the potential side effects that could show up even after you stop taking the antibiotic after 6 months.  Some side effects are permanent.  The US FDA recently discourage its use in common infections and include black box warnings.
  • Posted

If you experienced the fast heart rate after starting the Cipro it is just as likely that the Cipro caused it. I have had this reaction to Cipro. I also suffer from tendon pain which is an often permanent side effect of taking Cipro. You need to start on a good probiotic to help repair the damage it does to the gut.
  • Posted

For some how the fluoroquinolone adverse effect in third world country is not add bad as the one in USA due to their genetic make. Cipro for example. In Indonesia Cipro prescribed everyday for infection. The lady who help us cooking here had ear infection and doctor gave Cipro 500mg for one week. I ask if she experience any word symptom she say no. But its not packed/produced by BAYER. I am the world worst victim of Cipro 500mgx2 for two weeks.. Cipro damage my whole system and dying now and COMPLETE INABILITY TO SLEEP for more than a year and damage mitochondria and tendon, organs brain etc
  • Posted

For some how the fluoroquinolone adverse effect in third world country is not add bad as the one in USA due to their genetic make. Cipro for example. In Indonesia Cipro prescribed everyday for infection. The lady who help us cooking here had ear infection and doctor gave Cipro 500mg for one week. I ask if she experience any word symptom she say no. But its not packed/produced by BAYER. I am the world worst victim of Cipro 500mgx2 for two weeks.. Cipro damage my whole system and dying now and COMPLETE INABILITY TO SLEEP for more than a year and damage mitochondria and tendon, organs brain etc

• Posted

I got attacked in USA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.